IT Process Automation

• 1.  Copy files with Script Operator - The system cannot find the file specified

Posted Mar 08, 2018 01:46 AM

I am trying to copy files from SD repository using Run Script operator. There is a problem when the file name contains non-ASCII characters.

To get attachments from the SD ticket I use a SQL query

and then I try to copy files by Run Script Operator

The RunScript Operator returns the error

I copied the command from ScriptOutput to cmd prompt and it works there successfully.

I found out that when .bat script is run from Run Script Operator it returns value 1250 as default code page that why I use command chcp 852 that is returned as default code page from the command prompt but it did not help to resolve the problem.

There is no problem in Run Script operator when the file name use only ASCII characters.

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Milan

• 2.  Re: Copy files with Script Operator - The system cannot find the file specified

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:54 PM

When xml and java are involved, there can be problems like this with non-ascii characters.  You might try the html encoding. As an example, sometimes the ampersand character can cause issues so we use a command similar to this:

Process.Details = Process.Details.replace (/&/g,'&');

that takes the value of the variable Details and replaces all & with &amp.  So you would use this to replace your none ascii characters with their encoded values.  

• 3.  Re: Copy files with Script Operator - The system cannot find the file specified

Posted Mar 23, 2018 03:25 AM

Hello Andy,

thank you for your answer, I tried HTML encoding but it did not help. It seems that the problem affects also other operators that PAM offers for operations with files.

I am going to find another way, it seems that it should be possible to download attachment using web services.