CA Service Management

• 1.  How to import a new macro in sdm with type "Condition"

Posted Mar 08, 2018 01:52 AM

Hello,

I want to create a macro with a "Condition" type not a Site-defined condition. Can anyone help me out how to create a new macro with a Condition type .I just to code a macro for a condition "Not Acknowledged". Can anyone help me out how this can be possible.

Thankyou!

• 2.  Re: How to import a new macro in sdm with type "Condition"

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:00 PM

Hi Muhtashim,

If I am understanding you correctly you want to create a condition and code the SPL code yourself?

It should work but, no guarantee and is not supported so if it doesn't work you would have to look at a different solution. The table itself is splmac.

You would use one of ours as an example where the type is COND. The spl code goes in fragment and give it a valid persid with a matching id. Try and use it and see if it works but, there is no guarantee it will.

• 3.  Re: How to import a new macro in sdm with type "Condition"

Posted Mar 08, 2018 01:28 PM

Not acknowledged means the status is the same as the one it has initially and there is no assignee.

Why not create a site defined macro that goes like this?

Maybe you can better explain what you want so we can work it out.

• 4.  Re: How to import a new macro in sdm with type "Condition"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:30 PM

Muhtashim, you could choose a COND type of macro to pdm_extract and then modify the macro code and then pdm_load to create your own COND type macro. It seems your macro code should be not hard like

if (status == "ACK") {
    set_return_data(FALSE);
    } else {
    set_return_data(TRUE);
    }

Thanks _Chi