DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Logmon Query

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:54 AM

Hi,

I am trying to monitor a log file which has just a number written as an output. When checking the content of the file, I can see the values and the same applies when I click on view file on the probe. But when testing, the alert contains values like ?!,!? and not the actual number. Does it have to do anything with the file encoding? I verified and everything seems alright. Any help on this?

kag

• 2.  Re: Logmon Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 07:09 AM

Hi Kag, can you copy an example of the alarm with the wrong characters, an example of the log and maybe a screenshot from the profile

• 3.  Re: Logmon Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 01:16 PM

it should not have any thing to do with encoding if it is numeric.

But do attach sample from log and logmon.cfg with the profile name you are looking at so we can take a look.

• 4.  Re: Logmon Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:18 AM

hi Ananda Guberan K is this still a problem for you? Let us know if you made any progress

• 5.  Re: Logmon Query

Posted Mar 20, 2018 12:36 PM

Gentlemen,

Apologies on the delay.

I couldn't for some reasons get the alert, however the screenshot below is the result of testing the profile. As far as the watchers are concerned, it is just alerting what is present in the target file. Nothing high profile!

What seems weird, is that there are no logs even when I tested it just before attaching the screenshot. However, I do remember seeing logs sometime back saying that the output target file was not updated. But I am pretty sure that the target file is updated every 2 hours as the script is scheduled to run every two hours.

kag

• 6.  Re: Logmon Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 04:40 AM

anandaguberan unfortunately with the little info it is difficult to diagnose what might be happening. Could you share your cfg and the log from the probe and some additional environment info? (OS where the probe is deployed, Locale of the OS, example of log file monitored). 

• 7.  Re: Logmon Query
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2018 05:20 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Marco,

This is fixed now. It was a small logical mistake. I enabled the profile with updates mode where in the file will have just a single number being over written. In this case, when I changed the mode to full time it worked.

Secondly, I modified the file encoding to UTF+8 which gave the right result.

kag

• 8.  Re: Logmon Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 05:37 AM

Thanks for letting us know!