Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to publish JMS message to Dynamic Queue's?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:52 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am testing the test level JMS connections for Publishing Queue's in DevTest. There is no issue with the static queue's to publish message. My requirement is to work on sandbox queues(dynamic queue's) which get auto-generated. But unable to publish message to dynamic queue. Getting error "Failed to execute Messaging/ESB process: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]"

For Dynamic Queue generation, need to append the name to Queue. For Example,

fxClientDestinationUID=D.FDSVIPC.ESDSU.FDX.BCD-3000009.KV

fxClientDestinationUID=D.FDSVIPC.ESDSU.FDX.BCD-3000009.RRM

In above example, KV and RRM are the dynamic queues which auto generate queues on fly. 

Unable to figure it out in DevTest to setup.

Using DevTest 10.1.0

Attached the screenshot of the step.

Note: I have seen previous Q&A but I din't find this issue.

Attachment(s)

docx
    Step Attachment.docx   125 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: How to publish JMS message to Dynamic Queue's?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:24 PM

First, why are you still using the deprecated JMS step?

Try prefixing "session://" to the name of your queue, like this:

session://fxClientDestinationUID=D.FDSVIPC.ESDSU.FDX.BCD-3000009.KV

This is a special prefix that tells the old JMS step to use the JMS session to obtain a handle to the queue with that name, rather than treating it like a JNDI name and performing a JNDI lookup.

The new JMS Send Receive step has a much clearer delineation between getting a queue through the session and getting it through JNDI.

• 3.  Re: How to publish JMS message to Dynamic Queue's?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks Kevin,The session:// worked and able to publish successfully. But I didn't understand " First, why are you still using the deprecated JMS step?". Please could you tell the correct one to be used. 

• 4.  Re: How to publish JMS message to Dynamic Queue's?

Posted Mar 12, 2018 03:40 PM

The 'JMS Message (JNDI)' step has been deprecated for some time in favor of the 'JMS Send Receive' step.