AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  using remote execution on Workload Automation AE

Posted Mar 09, 2018 02:38 AM

I want to know functional diffenences between using WA AE agent and using remote execution.

If we have 10 app servers and we can configure as below 2 cases.
    case1) [ AE Manager ] + [ installation each agent on 10 app servers ]
    case2) [ AE Manager + plugin ] + no agents

In these 2 cases, price of WA AE product is a lot of differences.
    case1) licenses : manager 1 + agent 10
    case2) license : manager 1

What I want to know are below.
    - What are the functional differences between 2 cases ? (using agent and using remote exeution)
    - Using case2, and If we run the JOBs on 10 servers using remote execution on manager,

should i buy the 10 license, or  can I buy only one manager?

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  Re: using remote execution on Workload Automation AE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:50 AM

Hi Han,

The WA Agent for Remote Execution is designed for environments where a System Agent cannot be installed.

With the WA Agent for Remote Execution, you can only define and run a "Remote Execution job".

This job type lets you "execute a script or a command" on a remote system and pass arguments to it.

In terms of functionality, the WA Agent for Remote Execution is much more limited than the standard WA System Agent.

The WA Agent for Remote Execution is a "Plugin" installed on the top of the WA System Agent.

The following diagram shows the functional relationship between the scheduling manager, the CA WA Agent for Remote Execution plug-in, and the remote system:

RemoteExecutionAgent2

You can consult the following docops page for more information:

CA Workload Automation Agent for Remote Execution - CA Workload Automation Agent for Remote Execution - 11.4 - CA Techno… 

I hope this can help.

Thanks,

Roya

• 3.  Re: using remote execution on Workload Automation AE
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi Han,

In terms of licensing a WA Agent for Remote Execution is a "plugin" on the top of the WA AE Agent,

so you will need a license for the WA AE Agent. 

The "WA Agent for Remote Execution" plugin is limited to "6" Remote connection through SSH or Telnet.

But again note that with WA Agent for Remote Execution you are limited to "Remote Execution" (PROXY) job type only.

You do Not have all the other job types like File Watcher, File Trigger, FTP, SAP, ... (more than 60)  other job types.

You can only run a "command" or "script" through "Telnet" or "SSH". See the following docops page for more information.

Define a Remote Execution Job - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documentation 

The WA Agent for Remote Execution has been mainly designed for running jobs on "HP Integrity NonStop" or "OpenVMS" where the standard WA Agent is not available.

I hope this can help.

Thanks,

Roya

• 4.  Re: using remote execution on Workload Automation AE

Posted Aug 16, 2018 12:09 PM

Is there a command line command to display the remote spool file?
    I can see the file fine in the WCC gui, but I don't see a way to view the same file using the autosyslog command.