Clarity

• 1.  Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:56 AM

Hello Guys,

Is there any possibility to remove Workbench option from Scheduler? if yes, could you please steps or guidance?

• 2.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 07:05 AM

As far as I know, the Scheduler drop-down you are referring to , is actually based on the attribute Scheduler Format in Project object. It appears that for the project in question its value is set to Open Workbench . You can check or modify the same by configuring the field in List page(and allowing grid editing). It can be changed to Microsoft Project but I am not sure of a way to completely remove both formats in the Scheduler drop-down.

• 3.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 07:28 AM

The values come from the lookup Scheduler. As it is system restricted you are not supposed to alter them in any manner nor add a blank value (or None).

• 4.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 07:37 AM

Thanks urmas 

Just to clarify, I was actually referring to altering the attribute value and not the lookup values. I referred 'drop-down' for options to open in scheduler and not the lookup.

• 5.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 07:37 AM

Some notes I made for myself sometime ago... up to you what you do with them...

---

Open In Scheduler

This dropdown appears across many “project pages” – can not affect it by data (eg by nulling the scheduler format column on the database).

File projectPageToolbar.xsl located in directory{NIKU_HOME}\META-INF\projmgr\vxsl\portlets\projects\ contains the code that builds the page.

Comment out (or remove) the lines;

<xsl:call-template name="projectSchedulerLaunchActions">

<xsl:with-param name="can_view" select="$can_view_mgt"/>

<xsl:with-param name="readOnly" select="not($can_copy)"/>

</xsl:call-template>

And restart the APP  (or just flush the 'VXSL' groups cache)

----

I think that that removes the options entirely though, so if you still want Gantt then you'd need to experiment.

• 6.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 07:50 AM

Thanks David. But we want Gantt in Scheduler drop down list. If it remove all then we can't use this option.

• 7.  Re: Removal of workbench option from Scheduler?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:17 AM

"then you'd need to experiment"