Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Newly created web agents from AdminUI not showing up from list of web agents

Posted Mar 09, 2018 02:23 PM

R12.52 SP1 CR05

We just starting to noticed a strange behavior from one of our DEV SM policy server environment.  When using the AdminUI to create new web agents, the agents seemed to be successfully created but it won't show up when browsing through list of web agents.  All of the previously create agents shows up in the list order but any newly created agents will not appear when trying to browse through the agents from the AdminUI.  Newly created ACOs do appear in ACO browsing list order but not web agents.  In order to modify any newly created agent, we'll have to search for the agent name rather than browsing through the list order.

We opened a case with CA support on this, but due to the strangeness of this case we do not expect a fast response or resolution from support so hoping folks from community would be able to provide some hint on where to start troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Newly created web agents from AdminUI not showing up from list of web agents

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:32 AM

Hi,

I would first do some tests to discard a problem in the browser (emptying cache right before creating the Agent, using other browsers, etc). Are you running the same version in your working environments? Your PS in on the same version and CR?

When you create the Agents, are you able to see them right afterwards if you search for it in XPSExplorer? Do you see the Agent being created right away in the PS traces?

You could check also your Store logs to see what happens when creating and when searching, just in case there is something to fix (index problem, etc)

I hope this throw some light on the problem

Albert

• 3.  Re: Newly created web agents from AdminUI not showing up from list of web agents

Posted Mar 14, 2018 06:24 PM

Hello Albert, and thank you for your response.

After some discussion with CA Support we think that this issue may be related to the Admin UI.  Here are the facts:

*Policy server version = r12.52 SP1 CR05 (12.52.0105.2113)

*Admin UI version = r12.52 SP1 CR05 (12.52.0105.2112)  -  CA Support thinks that the "12.52.0105.2112" version of the CR05 may be "buggy"

*Newly created agents does not appears in the Admin UI "Agent list" view BUT it does shows up in the SMFSS legacy UI agent list view.

Based on this info, what is your thought about applying the 12.52.0105.2113 patch to the Admin UI?

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Newly created web agents from AdminUI not showing up from list of web agents

Posted Mar 15, 2018 05:38 AM

If you can see them in FSS UI, I guess you would be able to see them also on XPSExplorer, so this could be something related to cache. Did you try to discard cache issues at local level as I mentioned before? (emptying browser cache right before creating the Agent, using other browsers, etc)

Regarding your question on build, I recall the CR05 had a difference in build number only with non-Windows Policy Servers, so it should not be a problem, unless the engineer working in your case has spotted something new.

Also, keep in mind that you should use FSS UI or AdminUI, but not both at the same time, as this can create corruption. You could also run a XPSSweeper to see if there is a problem, just in case.

After creating a new agent, if you just close your browser and access again, are you able then to see it in the list?