Rally Software

• 1.  Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:33 PM

My company is currently using CA Agile Central on-premise 16.2. I am the Subscription Administrator and I am trying to create set-up user story template across the workspace. I created user story template at the highest level in the workspace, but when others go to create new story the template does not display. 

Thanks

Darryl

• 2.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Mar 12, 2018 05:09 AM

Darrylr4,

Have you enabled the "Rich Text Template Sharing" from the Labs page at: https://<YOUR_ON_PREMISES_IP_OR_URL>/#/labs?

If so, please let us know and we can look into it further.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Mar 12, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi Michael, attached is a screenshot from our environment. I noticed that you referenced “Labs” page, are you referencing something that is at a different level of the appliance?

Thanks,

Darryl Rouse

Sr. Admin, PMO Portfolio Tools Team

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield

10455 Mill Run Circle - Mailstop 01-301

Owings Mills, MD 21117

Office: 410-998-5715

Darryl.Rouse@carefirst.com<mailto:Darryl.Rouse@carefirst.com>

• 4.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 12, 2018 11:47 AM

Darrylr4,

If Labs is available on your Subscription it would be available by going to the URL I provided or by clicking on your avatar in the upper right corner, selecting 'My Settings' > 'Labs'.  But, it looks like your On-Premises version may not have included the Labs which had the ability to share templates.  Below is what I see at the same point in a 2016.2 version of On-Premises.

2016.2 - Labs

The 'here' in that banner links to the Labs.  If you don't have it, you will not be able to share the templates until an upgrade is done.  Do you get a 404 when trying to navigate to the URL I provided above?  You'll need to replace the part of the URL to point to your On-Premises Server or read more about it here: CA Agile Central On-Premises 2016.2 Release Notes | CA Agile Central Help and here: Agile Central Labs | CA Agile Central Help 

The good news is that 2018.1 should be ready very soon...

Michael

• 5.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Jul 11, 2018 04:21 PM

Hey Mike,

I read in the help section for "labs" that I can switch on a certain feature just for myself to try (screenshot 1) and then activate it for everyone in the workspace. But I don't see that option (screenshot 2). All I see is on/off. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Niveditha

• 6.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Jul 12, 2018 09:03 AM

Niveditha,

It looks like the documentation has an incorrect entry.  You are not a Subscription Administrator for your Subscription, so you can only enable a lab for yourself.  The ones you have available are the ones that a Subscription Administrator has enabled.  There is only the option to have it enabled for the Subscription.  There is no option to enable them for just a Workspace or Project.

Hope that helps.

Michael

• 7.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Jul 12, 2018 10:29 AM

Hey Mike,

So each individual would have to enable this in their settings to be able to use it right?

There’s no way I can force enable it for everyone in the workspace.

This is what I understand, correct me if I’m wrong please.

Regards,

Niveditha

• 8.  Re: Create Workspace User Story Template for On-Premise

Posted Jul 23, 2018 01:51 PM

That's right