Clarity

• 1.  New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 04:08 PM

A new CA PPM Release Comparison shows the value of upgrading to the latest release.

You can access the comparison in the CA PPM product documentation using the links below:

As a convenience to our customers, we have also attached a visual edition of the release comparison below:

CA Project and Portfolio Management 15.4, 15.3, 15.2 Release Comparison

Please let us know how you like it and how it helps you.

Sincerely,

The CA Technologies PPM/Agile DocOps Team

• 2.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Posted Mar 10, 2018 04:39 AM

Thanks for the update.

Is there anything similar for the OS, DB and so requirements?

• 3.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2018 05:56 AM

Not exactly the same document but there is compatibilities section which says what is supported.

• 4.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Posted Mar 12, 2018 06:03 AM

Yes, thank you, but you would have to look those up yourself for each version.

• 5.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 06:07 AM

Yes... again feedback taken. We will see what best can be accommodated 

• 6.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 09:50 AM

Hello Again martti, I have been drafting something like this (for your points about OS, DB, and other specs by release)...  See 2 PDFs attached... one is release changes by component, and the other is component changes by release.

Let me know what you think.

When I make architectural improvements to the docops PPM sets, I have to consider the internal side (is this sustainable for our ops, am I reducing clutter without impacting customer experience) and the customer-facing external side (is this something a user can find and consume in less time and with greater comfort).

For example, when I re-architected the Change Impact Guides, it was a win-win on both fronts. Often a fix is about reducing risk of introducing errors, or improving publishing accuracy and speed. Traceability, findability too, as with the resolved defects listing we now have as a cumulative capability. For the Change Impact Guides, we had 400 duplicate pages with conflicting data in 100s of nearly identical doc sets... I simplified all that and fenced one official page per release... and also merged on-prem and SaaS into one source page per release with conditional formatting for the minor differences. These were clear operational victories that also helped our customers, partners, and support teams locate information with fewer duplicates, near-duplicates (which require work to resolve), and with improved turnaround time.

These spec guides represent a better transactional data-driven model for managing all these specs... instead of manually having someone update tables in our doc CMS, again I found conflicts where for example, 15.5 and 15.6 pages both claimed to show the official changes in 15.5. Our information strategy going forward continues to advocate removal of such duplicate entries. In short, we are looking at ways to continue to delivery greater accuracy for better SEO with more efficient engineering.

Thank you for all your good feedback as a CA Clarity PPM Community Champion to help so many others.

Damon

PPM Documentation

• 7.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 09:54 AM

By the way, a link to the new 15.6 Release Comparison is here:

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231184713

• 8.  Re: New! CA PPM 15.4 Release Comparison

Posted Apr 12, 2019 11:54 AM

Great reference. Thanks. Must have been a huge amount of work.