Release Automation

• 1.  AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Posted Mar 10, 2018 12:25 PM

Hi Team,

I am using AIX machine, so from CA release automation i am using GIT clone action .

This will clone the code from repo to my AIX machine.

I am providing SSH repository url from version control repo.

But i am getting issue like not able to find the repo..

Since i am using SSH repo url not https rep url.

So please help me how to fix this SSH connection issus from CA Release automation with my AIX machine.

Since as per the CARA action i started with GIT clone, but SSH repo url i am getting issue. How to fix this SSH repo url in CARA.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:09 AM

In added to the above points i am adding tool version which i am using

CARA - 6.4.0.10011
    Java 6

git - 2.2.2

Please let me know will all this are matched version with those version can i run "git clone" action from CARA to my AIX machine.

Since in my AIX machine i installed

Java 6

git - 2.2.2

So please advice me this are appropriate version or matched version to run my git clone action from CARA.

Thanks in advance......

• 3.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:31 AM

Hi Pradeep,

Have you confirmed that you can successfully run git clone from your AIX/Agent machine? If so, what version of the git action pack are you running? Can you run the git clone command in a "Run Command Line" action successfully? Some place you can begin investigating the cause of why the git action pack actions are working are: logs/nolio_action_exe.log and logs/nolio_all.log

Cheers,

Gregg

• 4.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:35 AM

Hi Gregg,

Yes I am able to run git clone through AIX machine.

Only issue i am facing when trying to run from CA Release Automation.

Tool version I am using

Git - > 2.2.2

CARA git action pack -> Nolio Git actions pack - 10.3.1503.1

From your Communites i can see this action pack will not support useless character.

So i am using Bitbucket repository to clone the code.

Pasted my screen shot for your reference. and also only this configuration details i configured. I have to add any more details.

When try to test the above action i am getting issue like ABOVE.

if i specify branch detials like "master" i am getting issue differently like below

But for above message i cross verified that i have a branch like master. then why i am gettin gthis issue.

I am not sure why it getting fail while i am doing git clone action from CARA.

Please help me on this.

• 5.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 02:09 PM

I would definitely check the nolio_all.log or nolio_action_exe.log file on the agent machine to see if you can find more information. Maybe it will show more errors. Maybe it will show the command that it is running which you can then try manually to get a better understanding of what it is having problems with. That "Cloning into 'gitclonefolder' message makes me wonder if it is throwing an error about /home/test/data/testing directory not already being created. Does it exist? If not, maybe create it and then try again. 

• 6.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Posted Mar 14, 2018 11:58 PM

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your response.

Oh that is my old screen shot, since i just change folder name and verifiied this works or not.

But just clarify my query on the configurtion details, I can give SSH details like that for repository.

When connecting to AIX machine from CARA we have to use https or SSH? // Please reply for this.

Also please cross verify my configuration details is that right or not.

If you talk about locally this commands work.// yes locally it is working as expected.

Can you please reply me for those questions. also if you have any snapshot for CARA to AIX integration to do git clone it will be helpful to me.

Waiting for your response.

• 7.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:29 AM

Hi Pradeep,

It will take me some time to verify the configurations. So what I would recommend for now is to look in both of the logs I mentioned for the git command we're using and then try to run that command. The command we use in the action pack may differ from the command you use (which we understand works). But the command we're using in the action pack needs to work and it may just be a matter of tweaking some of the input parameters. 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 8.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 04:41 AM

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry for delayed response.

Although I could not verify, I'd like to share my idea.

You said that you are using Git actin pack 10.3.1503.1.  You can update it to 10.4.1507.1.

This release can handle empty username and password.

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/dpm/ReleaseAutomationActions/ActionPacks//nolio-git-actions/ActionPack.pdf

What's New

The following updates were made for 10.4.1507.
    Git actions with empty username and password supported.

After that, clear Remote Repository Username and Password in you action, and set Repository like following.

ssh://<Username>:<Password>@<Repository server>:<Port>/<Repository path>

If the problem cannot be resolved, I recommend to use "Run Command Line" instead of Git action pack as second idea.

Git action pack may not handle private key with id_rsa and .ssh/config files.

When you use "Run Command Line" action type, please attention to user who executes RA Agent and directory of private key and config file.

If both ideas are not effective, please open a support case and attach logs Gregg mentioned.

Thanks

Yas

• 9.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 09:58 PM

Hi Pradeep pradeepruban.t,

Was your question answered? If so, please click "Mark Correct" on the right answer.

If you need, please open a support case or raise your ideas as enhancement request in CA Release Automation 

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks

Yas

• 10.  Re: AIX machine to do GIT clone from CA Release automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 12:38 AM

HI,

I believe our replies answered your question. So, I will mark "Assumed answer" 

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks

Yas