DX NetOps

• 1.  Unable to execute perl script using menu items

Posted Mar 12, 2018 04:10 AM

Hi,

I want to execute a perl program which is in my linux machine using right click tool.I have made changes in /usr/Spectrum/custom/console/config/custom-menu-config.xml file .

my custom-menu-config.xml file looks like this:

My perl script

I am able to execute my perl program using command prompt.But when I am trying to execute using menu items I am unable to get output my oneclick is showing empty output:

Can someone suggest me where I am going wrong.

• 2.  Re: Unable to execute perl script using menu items

Posted Mar 12, 2018 04:33 AM

The script should run as spectrum owner. Are you able to execute the script if you're logged in as spectrum owner? It's a better idea to have everything that is not from the default SPECTRUM installation located in $SPECROOT/custom. This way, the file would have permission to be executed by the spectrum owner and you'll have everything in one place if you want to migrate configurations across servers.

• 3.  Re: Unable to execute perl script using menu items

Posted Mar 12, 2018 05:18 AM

Thanks for reply Catalin.

I am able to execute script as spectrum owner from linux. I have copied the perl script to $SPECROOT/custom location. But from oneclick menu I am unable to execute the script my output window is showing empty.

• 4.  Re: Unable to execute perl script using menu items
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 12, 2018 11:13 AM

If the program has been just added,  a OneClick tomcat restart is required, as Tomcat will scan this file custom-menu-config.xml on startup and create a list of programs that it will allow to run.  This has been done as enhancing security since Spectrum 9.4.0.

• 5.  Re: Unable to execute perl script using menu items

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 06:53 PM

Hi Sheethal,

I have tested your script in my lab (Spectrum 10.2) and I don't encounter the problem. It works perfectly. What Spectrum version you are using? You may want to enable "Launch Servlet" debug item on OneClick Web Admin > Administration > Debugging (at 2nd header) > Web Server Debug Page (Runtime) page and reproduce the issue. What do you see on Tomcat's log?

Regards,

Widjaja.