DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Can UIM hyperv probe discover and model Hyper-V infrastructure in Spectrum in the same way as the vmware probe?

• 1.  Can UIM hyperv probe discover and model Hyper-V infrastructure in Spectrum in the same way as the vmware probe?

Posted Mar 12, 2018 06:17 AM

My client would like to see MS Hyper-V servers, which are discovered using the hyperv probe, be modeled in Spectrum the same way that VMWare infrastructure is modeled (physical as well as logical with associated virtual machines in the topology).

This will allow virtual machines to be associated with the Hyper-V servers they are deployed on and facilitate root-cause-analysis when the hardware or services on Hyper-V is impacted.

I have logged a support case and got the following feedback:

CASE NUMBER: 00982359

"As this may require changes in probe structure, I think the best way to progress with your request is to raise an idea in our UIM community and have this voted and evaluated by our product management and have the functionalities added for future releases."

• 2.  Re: Can UIM hyperv probe discover and model Hyper-V infrastructure in Spectrum in the same way as the vmware probe?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2018 03:51 PM

Hello Jeff,

Yes, it would be an enhancement request, please open the Idea at:

Unified Infrastructure Management 

Kind Regards,

Alex Yasuda
    Sr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Can UIM hyperv probe discover and model Hyper-V infrastructure in Spectrum in the same way as the vmware probe?

Posted Mar 13, 2018 09:05 PM

Yeah, I came across this scenario before when working with a Hyper-v environment . The virtualization modeling in Spectrum doesn't actually work the same way as it does for vmware. Raising it as an idea would be the only option for now