IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM installation issue

Posted Mar 12, 2018 02:00 PM

Hello Team

I am currently installing CA PAM 4.3 when it ask for dvd 2 and click Finish button...it start Copying as below in screenshot.....but after few seconds the window disappears and nothing comes up....whhat could be issue?

• 2.  Re: PAM installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 02:04 PM

Aamir,

This is typical behavior of the installer. I have seen it take upto 10 minutes or more sometimes during this transition. 

Make sure that you have a viable internet connection on this server, and that the disks are mounted locally as these can have an impact.

Otherwise, just give it some time, the installer will come back and complete.

• 3.  Re: PAM installation issue

Posted Mar 12, 2018 02:10 PM

hi Jeniffer

thanks for the response...actuslly i never face this during test

environment imementation......anyways

can u tell me one thing...is internet access should be nexessary on the

server ???

On 12-Mar-2018 11:05 pm, "Jennifer_Jessup" <

• 4.  Re: PAM installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 02:30 PM

Aamir,

Internet access is not specifically required to install CA Process Automation. 

It can, however, improve functionality depending on your use cases and requirements, and in fact may be necessary to use offsite web services. 

If this is just an internal test installation, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Did you get beyond the disappearing screen and complete the installation?

• 5.  Re: PAM installation issue

Posted Mar 12, 2018 02:36 PM

No jennifer.....Still nothing came up..its been 30 min almost...

• 6.  Re: PAM installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 09:45 AM

Aamir,

You may want to get a support issue open. What version of the JDK is being used? I know right now there are some problems with JDK 1.8 updates 161 and 162, but for now those have been isolated to issues with the SDM custom operators. This is due to an update in Java for vulnerabilities for 1.9 update 4, 1.8 updates 161 and 162, and 1.7 update 171.

Also, when you started the installation, did you select Run As Administrator? Any UAC restrictions on the server? If UAC is set during install, we have seen problems. We advise to set UAC to never for the installation period. 

Is the Java control panel set in the network section to use direct connection? If not, this should be changed.

If none of the above apply or resolve the install issue, please open a support issue so we can help you directly to successfully install Process Automation.

• 7.  Re: PAM installation issue

Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:09 AM

Hi Jennifer

currently i installed 1.7 jdk.

yes i ran setup file using 'Run as Admin...i need to confirm UAC'

how can i check Java control panel set in the network section to use direct connection??

also the server on which im installing pam has "windows server 2012 standard"...compatibility matrix pam not supported on R2 but on simple one....does standard n simple one are same?

• 8.  Re: PAM installation issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:34 AM

Aamir,

I'm not sure what that support matrix is from - maybe Service Management? Either way, CA Process Automation 4.3 SP02 is supported on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and even Windows Server 2008 R2. I haven't ever heard of "Simple", but DataCenter and Standard are supported.

To verify Java - open the Windows Control Panel and from there open the Java Control Panel - it will be listed just as Java. On the dialog that opens, select "Network Settings" and the bottom of that dialog will show a radio button for Direct Connection - select that and save the change.