CA Service Management

• 1.  Migration sdm queries

Posted Mar 12, 2018 03:02 PM

Hello Team

We are currently in the phase of Migration of SDM 12.9 to 17 version....  i need to know few things before migrate.

during the time we implemented 12.9 sdm we also implemented service catalog 12.9 but Service Catalog never been used. it just keep ideal since...no workflows etc but mdb is shared as we all know with integration....

Now we thinking .....since Service Catalog is not currently using in our environment but installed and integrated with sdm. so  after the migration of sdm to 17 version.. we planning to setup fresh SC 17 version but migrated mdb already contain old SC data in mdb tables...so can we delete records which mdb using for service catalog so then we will be able to install fresh Service catalog with migrated sdm mdb... please advise on it.

secondly...if we extract some tables from pdm_extract command in sdm 12.9 like prob_category ...ca_contact etc....can we load it on sdm 17 version without any issue??? 

• 2.  Re: Migration sdm queries

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 05:27 PM

Aamir, my 2cents:

1. pdm_extract on a 12.9 and then pdm_load into 17.x is not a good idea...some schema could change etc.

2. since you have SC currently integrated with SDM why not upgrade the SC and then integrate with SDM?

I am not sure it is easy to totally remove all SC related tables/fields in mdb but since you have it already though

not being used(so I will assume not much user data for SC in mdb) so maybe upgrade is a better option than remove-then-install new

Thanks

Chi