Rally Software

• 1.  How to link existing defect to many TCs

Posted Mar 13, 2018 04:17 AM

Hi,

I opened defect from defects page and link defect x to TC x , now i am testing another TC and facing with same issue as defect x. how can I link defect x to multiple TCs?

• 2.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:34 AM

Hi Batya,

Would you be able to provide me with product name you are facing this issue with, so that we may transfer your question to the right product community?

Thanks,

Elke

• 3.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Posted Mar 13, 2018 06:43 AM

Hi Elke,

Thanks for quick response.

I am working with CA Agile Central.

Thanks,

Batya.

• 4.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 07:32 AM

Hi Batya,

There are a couple of ways you can link multiple test cases to a defect. One way is from the Test Case. If you edit the Work Product field and select the desired defect the Test Cases will all appear on the Test Case tab of the selected Defect.

Alternatively, if you go to the Test Case tab of the Defect you can add the Test Cases from there. If you are using the older Editable Detail Page (EDP) it only supports the creation of a new test case. However, if you do it through the newer Quick Detail Page (QDP) you can choose to add an existing Test Case or create a new one. You can find more information about the QDP here Detail Pages | CA Agile Central Help 

I hope it helps!

• 5.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Posted Mar 13, 2018 08:45 PM

Where do I click in QDP to select an existing test case?

When I select the Test Case icon in QDP, I see an "Add New" button, but I don't see a way to select an existing test case.

• 6.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 01:22 AM

Hi Matt,

If you press the "+ Add New" button it will expand the area below and provide three options, including one to Choose. 

As of this posting the page is still in beta, so be sure to use the yellow Feedback button to provide us with your input after using the page. This will help us make it the best it can be. 

• 7.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Posted Mar 14, 2018 06:31 AM

Hi,

Why i do not have "+Add New" button?

• 8.  Re: How to link existing defect to many TCs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 07:24 AM

Hi Batya,

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like you have selected Test Sets tab instead of the Defects tab. The defects tab is the one that looks like a little bug. Here is a better screenshot to help illustrate.