Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 01:55 AM

Recently I did an upgrade of CA PAM for a customer from V2.8.2 to V2.8.4.1, and then to V3.0.0, V3.0.2, V3.1.1.

In these upgrades I noticed that, when upgrading to V2.8.4.1, the custom logos (both in login page and in CA PAM console) were unchanged.

But when upgrading to V3.0.0 and further higher versions, the custom logos (both in login page and in CA PAM console) were reset to “CA Technologies” logo.

Would like to know if this is an expected behavior when upgrading to V3.0.0 or any higher versions?

• 2.  Re: CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:29 PM

Hello, We are not aware of this being a generic problem. If you want us to follow up on this, please open a support case and we will take a closer look.

• 3.  Re: CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 02:00 AM

Thanks Ralf, I will create a support ticket for this.

If possible can you please replicate this in your VM and let me know your findings.

• 4.  Re: CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 11:44 AM

That will be within the scope of the support case. Please reference this community post in the case so that whoever picks it up can update this thread later on with findings.

• 5.  Re: CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:28 PM

Sure, will do that. Thanks

• 6.  Re: CA PAM upgrade to V3.0.0 or higher wipes out the custom logo?

Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:39 PM

Hi Lakshman.  I too experienced this with upgrades.  Not so much with hotfixes.  I never opened a ticket for this, just went ahead and uploaded my logos again. This happened on I think all upgrades after 3.0. The fix was simple.  I just wanted to reassure you that you're not the only one who experienced this.