Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 03:08 AM

I am getting access page failed to load error in CA PAM 3.1.1

I have enabled java in my browser, and access page from CA PAM 2.8 was able to load successfully in the same browser.

Do I have any suggestion here?

• 2.  Re: Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:39 PM

Hello Lakshman, Did you clear the browser and java cache after the upgrade? You can use the Advanced tab in the Java Control Panel to enable tracing and show the console, if the problem persists, to see what messages you get there. Is it working when you use the PAM client?

• 3.  Re: Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 02:45 AM

Hi Ralf,

I tried using browsers - IE V11.966, Firefox 59.0, Chrome 62.0

I am facing same issue in all the browsers even after clearing browser cache. And this issue happens only in Access page and not in others.

I can see the Access page when using PAM client.

Can I get some steps on how to enable trace and see the console to see the relevant messages?

• 4.  Re: Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 11:35 AM

Hi Lakshman, Your screenshot shows the "Enable tracing” flag on top, and the "Show console” flag under the second header "Java console”. These are the two options you want to check. Once the Java console comes up when you log into PAM, which it should if the browser has the Java plugin enabled, you can hit the "5” key (keyboard key for number 5) in the Java console window to raise the debug level. If the Java console never comes up when the flags are set, then your Java plugin isn't working.

• 5.  Re: Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 11:40 AM

Forgot to mention that your Chrome and Firefox versions definitely do not support the Java plugin, you could not possibly have it enabled there. Google Chrome has not supported it for multiple years, and with Firefox the only remaining version that supports it is Firefox ESR, see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/.

• 6.  Re: Access page failed to load in CA PAM 3.1.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2018 04:30 AM

Please follow the suggestions given in this document

How to troubleshoot CA PAM Access Page problems - CA Knowledge