Service Virtualization

• 1.  Something went wrong creating a project from a MAR

Posted Mar 13, 2018 05:26 AM

Hello All,

Using DevTest 10.1.

I'm trying to create a project from a .mar file.

Initially, it's a project created on my computer, deployed on a vse. 

Because I need to check the content of the .mar file, I've downloaded it from the portal. And now I want to create a new project using the .mar content. 

In workstation, I used the "new button", specified my workstation workspace/location (where the initial project is present), checked the "base the new project on one of the following" and selected the .mar file. An error occurs when creating the new project : "Unable to create a new project. Error renaming project".

sceenshot

From stacktrace : 

2018-03-13 09:12:29,771Z (10:12) [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.itko.lisa.repo.NewProjectPanel - Something went wrong creating a project from a MAR...
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error renaming project
    at com.itko.lisa.repo.ProjectManager.renameProject(ProjectManager.java:829)
    at com.itko.lisa.repo.NewProjectPanel$4.doCallback(NewProjectPanel.java:359)
    at com.itko.util.swing.panels.ProcessingDialog$2.run(ProcessingDialog.java:194)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Workspaces\LISA_10\API Formation - bdd -> C:\Workspaces\LISA_10\api_formation_assertion.formation
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:83)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.move(WindowsFileCopy.java:387)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.move(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:287)
    at java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1395)
    at com.itko.lisa.repo.ProjectManager.renameProject(ProjectManager.java:822)
    ... 3 more
    2018-03-13 09:12:29,771Z (10:12) [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.itko.util.swing.UserMessage - Unable to create a new project.
    Error renaming project

Because I was trying to create a new project (with new name/folder), I don't understand the previous error. Is this the expected behaviour ?

When using another workspace/location (an empty one) for creating the new project, there is no error.

Benoit

• 2.  Re: Something went wrong creating a project from a MAR
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 01:56 PM

It may be that the mar is corrupted.  

There is a workaround,  Change the file type from .mar to .zip ,

So change  api_formation_assertion.formation.mar file   to  api_formation_assertion.formation.zip.  

Extract the .zip file.  

You can then open the project in the Workstation.  

Thanks

Shiney 

• 3.  Re: Something went wrong creating a project from a MAR

Posted Mar 14, 2018 04:19 AM

Hi Shiney,

The .mar seems not to be corrupted because I can create a new project when I try in another workspace/location. 

The behaviour (something went wrong) seems to be due to the location where the initial project is present.

Thanks,

Benoit