Service Virtualization

• 1.  Step not logged in inspection view / or step not executed ?

Posted Mar 13, 2018 05:40 AM

Hello All,

Using DevTest 10.1, some of the step of my .vsm file are not logged in inspection view.

I've found this post devTest Console, service transaction Inspection view, only shows small number of steps , checked the "quiet" box of the step and updated the property "lisa.vse.request.event.set.buffer.size" (with all components restarted), but without success. The step was still not logged in the inspection view. 

Maybe I'm mixing 2 problems : later, creating a new .vsm file from scratch (in my previous case, I was adding a new "SQL database execution" step to an existing .vsm file), I use a "SQL database execution" step and when executing it it was correctly logged in inspection view.

So I don't know if in the first situation the step was not executed on only just not logged. 

What can I check in order to understand what happened ?

Benoit

• 2.  Re: Step not logged in inspection view / or step not executed ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 01:08 PM

There is two properties that controls how many VSE matching related events are buffered.
    lisa.vse.match.event.buffer.size and lisa.vse.request.event.set.buffer.size - the default value for these properties are 100 and 50 respectively.

We recommend increasing the buffer size limit only if you are doing some debugging. Increasing these values can impact VSE performance during a performance test. 

Usage: 

Add these properties to the local.properties file on the VSE server and restart the components. 

lisa.vse.match.event.buffer.size=200

lisa.vse.request.event.set.buffer.size=200

When you have additional steps(like JDBC Step)  in the VSM, verify if the "Quiet" option is enabled in the step information inside the VSM. When you disable it for these additional steps you will be able to see all the steps execution in the Inspection View.

Hope this helps.  

• 3.  Re: Step not logged in inspection view / or step not executed ?

Posted Mar 14, 2018 09:23 AM

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Thoses properties and checkbox were ok.

The step was not executed, the EFFICIENT mode was bringing the vsm directly to the "VS image selection".