Gen EDGE

• 1.  Serverless Architectures

Posted Mar 13, 2018 05:37 PM

With the growth\push towards building applications in the cloud and the use of serverless architectures (AWS, Azure Goolgle etc) I would like to ask the community on their thoughts on being able to reuse the code investment we all have in Ca Gen to generate code that run serverless. Is that something we could raise with the product team?

E.g. Taking a PStep\AB and generating it as a Lambda function that could perhaps connect to a RDS instance (MySQL, Aurora), with the interface exposed via API gateway.

• 2.  Re: Serverless Architectures

Posted Mar 13, 2018 07:17 PM

Dave

I'd agree with you that the move to serverless architectures is a significant industry direction and is gaining equivalent momentum because of the benefits it offers, and the cost-effective and flexible deployments being offered by the providers you've referenced.  This isn't a typical feature request but rather a relevant and significant potential architecture direction for the product that also appears to marry closely with the vendor's focus on accelerated outcomes, devops/cd/ct etc.

Tim

• 3.  Re: Serverless Architectures

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 07:35 PM

There are currently discussions and research taking place within development to assess Gen's potential role within these platforms. It had been my intent to begin a discussion thread once we had made sufficient initial progress, but we would be very much interested to hear commentary about desired functionality and general or specific requirements within these environments. Platform preferences would also be of interest.

Best Regards,

Rob Thompson

Product Owner, CA Gen