Rally Software

• 1.  CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:46 AM
      |   view attached

Hello:

I am creating a custom report on my dashboard to pull Features from a particular Theme, State is not Done, and the Initiatives have a ranking of 1:10.  Does anyone know how to make is query?

Thank you all.

• 2.  Re: CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:09 PM

morky01 or corkr03,

Is there a way to do this that you can think of or have you seen an app that would do it?

Thanks.

Michael

• 3.  Re: CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:42 AM

You can do this query in order to get all features below a specific theme

BR

Michael

• 4.  Re: CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:15 AM

rashultz,

Ideally the query would be something like:

((( Parent.Tag.Name = "Op Health - VS" ) AND ( State !=Done )) AND ( Parent.Parent.Rank >= 10 ))

But I know that won't work.  There may not be a way to specify this on a Custom List.  It may need to be a Custom HTML page where you query for the top 10 Initiatives and then get the next level of information.

I'll keep thinking about it though.

Michael

• 5.  Re: CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:27 AM

Hello,

I was able to get the Feature through this format, however you are right, I am still unable to pull those Initiatives that have the associated "Rank" of 1-10. 

Thank you for the help and I look forward to finding how to subdivide this into Features associated to the top ranked Initiatives.

Bekah

((Parent.Parent.FormattedId = "T876: Fraud Operational Health" ) AND ( State !=Done ))

• 6.  Re: CA Rally - Custom Reports - Query Calls

Posted Mar 26, 2018 10:51 AM

There's no way to query by rank directly, but you can order your results by theme rank first, and then by feature rank in a WSAPI query:

order=Parent.Parent.DragAndDropRank ASC,DragAndDropRank ASC

Unfortunately there's no way to specify a sort order like that in the custom list app though.  You'd probably need to write a little custom app based on the Custom List app and include those additional sort fields.  Are you familiar with writing apps at all?