Clarity

• 1.  pass parmeter from process to gel

Posted Mar 13, 2018 05:51 PM

Good Day Community,

I have built a process to run on Create with a Gel Script; I have attached it to an object; it almost works as I would like it to work.

The process is designed to run a query and kick out a flat file (at this time) of a small dataset.  What I really want is to return a single row (values)--in the next stage of development this will actually send values to another s/ware package either via SOAP or REST.  What I have been unable to determine is how to send the Object ID to the Gel Script.  The ID I want is the id of the object being created.  Once I can pass the parameter, I feel that I can add it to the Gel Script and  then use that id to filter my query.  I am sure this must be possible, I have searched through the community as well as documentation and I must just be missing the mark on the search terms I am using to nail this down.

Thank you.

Michael.

• 2.  Re: pass parmeter from process to gel
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2018 10:01 PM

<core:set value="${gel_objectInstanceId}" var="v_objectID"/>

This will set the 5,000,000 'id' of the object created (or if the process is also running on update, updated).  You can then use v_objectID later in your SQL to return the one record.

• 3.  Re: pass parmeter from process to gel

Posted Mar 14, 2018 12:56 PM

Roland,

Thank you.  This really was the case of over-reading.  I saw that in the documentation and completely over-read it trying to find the solution.

Sometimes we just need to slow down.

Michael.