Clarity

• 1.  How can I see project status history, such as when a project went on and off "Hold"? I am using CA PPM V14.3. Thanks.

Posted Mar 13, 2018 11:37 AM

I would like to see (on a screen) or generate a report on the history of the changing statuses of a Project in V14.3 PPM. For example, I'd like to see when a project was placed on Hold, and when it came off Hold and assumed another status. Same for all the other statuses I've defined for our projects. I cannot find a way to see that in Clarity. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How can I see project status history, such as when a project went on and off "Hold"? I am using CA PPM V14.3. Thanks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 01:18 PM

You should configure Audit trail and then only you will have the data when it was changed else you will have the last changed date and changed by only. You will need to write a query to fetch that. 

• 3.  Re: How can I see project status history, such as when a project went on and off "Hold"? I am using CA PPM V14.3. Thanks.

Posted Mar 13, 2018 01:24 PM

I'll check it out. Thanks.

When you say write a query, do you mean a custom SQL query against the Clarity database?

• 4.  Re: How can I see project status history, such as when a project went on and off "Hold"? I am using CA PPM V14.3. Thanks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2018 02:14 PM

Yes thats correct, you need to write on PPM SCHEMA aka clarity 

• 5.  Re: How can I see project status history, such as when a project went on and off "Hold"? I am using CA PPM V14.3. Thanks.

Posted Mar 14, 2018 03:30 PM

Hi doittbsd,

In case you are interested, here is some information about how to view the audit trail for an object. The topic also points to the information about setting up an audit trail in the CA PPM administration tool.

View a Global Audit Trail [CA PPM] 

View a Global Audit Trail [CA PPM SaaS] 

Thanks, Sarmistha