IT Process Automation

• 1.  Passing Request ID from Catalog to PAM

Posted Mar 13, 2018 02:30 PM

Greetings!

I am struggling to pass the request ID from the catalog to PAM. I have successfully created all required pieces to have a form submit trigger a PAM process, and I have successfully logged into the catalog SOAP service within the PAM process. But I cannot for the life of me send the request ID over to PAM. I have done the following:

-Created PAM process with a variable folder called "Parameters" and a variable inside called "Request_Id" of type Int

-Imported the dataset into the SRF that I also created. This shows the "Request_Id" as 0 (which should be as if I am correct an int cannot be null)

-Added a rule in Catalog under the "Request/Subscription Item Create"

-Added 2 actions within that rule: One is an email to myself showing $request_id$ and one that triggers a PAM process with the SRF given as the one I created earlier. Under "Parameters" within this rule I have the "Request_Id" parameter I created in the PAM process showing and am assigning $request_id$ to that parameter.

-In my PAM process, the first task is to send an email with the "Request_Id"

Every time I fire the task, the email sent by the rule shows a valid Request ID. The email I am receiving from the PAM process is showing the Process.Request_Id variable as 0. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance

• 2.  Re: Passing Request ID from Catalog to PAM
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2018 03:40 PM

Hi, try to use the requestId as a string variable, not as a int one and see if it works

To test it, you'll have to remove the action from the offer and add it again

• 3.  Re: Passing Request ID from Catalog to PAM

Posted Mar 14, 2018 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for your reply!

Once I read it I suspected removing and re-adding the action off of the offer would fix it and was correct. I would have gone round and round for a while. Thank you so much for your help!