DX NetOps

• 1.  Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 14, 2018 01:49 AM

I have some Cisco devices in CA Spectrum 9.2 which are always Yellow in color and I want to make them green. I have check and found no alarms in Component details and there is no issue with the device either.

Can you please help me to solve the issue. Thank you in advance.

• 2.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 14, 2018 04:40 AM

If the devices are yellow, that means there's a minor alarm on it. There's no other way the color changed. Are you sure you don't have any filter on? Just clear the alarm, it will be green again.

• 3.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:23 AM

Thanks for you reply !!

I have checked and found no alarms in Alarm tab. I have attached screenshots.

• 4.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:36 AM

Could you please remove totally the filter and check the alarms again? I see you have a filter "Alarms without Suppressed", would you mind sharing the configuration of that filter? Are you sure it's not hiding something?

• 5.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 15, 2018 03:33 AM

In all the filters there are no alarms.
    However, below is the details of interfaces of the devices. Is it from the interfaces which are down as there is MINOR in condition tab.

And I dont know much about CA Spectrum. Can you please help me location the configuration file. Then I can share with you.

Regards...

• 6.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Posted Mar 15, 2018 07:04 AM

If the device is yellow there is an alarm. Could you please create a new filter removing all the criteria to get everything?

Maybe we can try something else: could you run this Web API Call to get all the active alarms on your environment:

http://<OC_SERVER>/spectrum/restul/alarms?attr=0x1006e&attr=0x12b4c&attr=0x1321a&attr=0x11f56&attr=0x11fc5&attr=0x11f9b

That will return the full list of active alarms without any filtering issue and we'll see if you have something attached to that model in there.

• 7.  Re: Make Cisco Devices Yellow to Green In CA Spectrum 9.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:10 AM

Try placing the device into Maintenance Mode for a few seconds and then take it out of Maintenance Mode.

This should force a recalculation on the Condition attribute.

This type of problem should not happen on any supported version of Spectrum (10.1 and higher).