Test Data Manager

• 1.  Data Profiler - Sample Column Values

Posted Mar 14, 2018 12:56 PM
      |   view attached

Hi, 

I'm new on CA-TDM and I'm using TDM DataMaker Data Profiler. At some point, after scanning the tables, there is a step where we should select Sample Column Values and the save it.

Where is that information stored and when/how to use it?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Data Profiler - Sample Column Values

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 04:42 PM

• 3.  Re: Data Profiler - Sample Column Values

Posted Apr 05, 2018 06:39 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thank you.

My question was about TDM DataMaker Data Profiler. On TDM-Portal I didn't see a way to select "Sample Column Values" and the save it. May I do that, as in TDM DataMaker Data Profiler?

Thanks

Rogerio Silva

• 4.  Re: Data Profiler - Sample Column Values
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2018 12:56 PM

Rogerio,

You could use those stored values during data generation to reflect the values being currently used in production or development. If you go into the data pool and editing the entry for the People table shown in the example and then click on the drop down on any of the columns you have profiled like First Name you will get to a screen like below.

Then hit the lov button at the bottom of the screen and then select values from prod/dev. You should now be able to select one of the values you save during profiling. The advantage is that once you select any value the corresponding other table values you profiled like last name, lob etc are auto populated. This will keep your data referentially intact.

Thanks,

Anil

• 5.  Re: Data Profiler - Sample Column Values

Posted Apr 05, 2018 06:30 PM

Hi Anil,

Thank you very much.

Now it makes sense for me to save the values.

By the way, do you know the table name where it is saved?

Thanks