CA Service Management

• 1.  extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 06:11 AM

Hi All,

I am looking for some suggestions on the usage of extraurl for <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code>

The code written here was - <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraurl="sym%20like%20'Unable%25'"> but this seems to not making any changes with the extraurl.

Anyone got this working in any of the environments i.e. 14.1 or 17.0 versions?

Much appreciated for any suggestion's.

• 2.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 06:16 AM

Below code is scenarios that were tried and their results - :

This works:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=delete_flag=0 and description = 'TEST'">

This works:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="QBE.EQ.delete_flag=0">

This works:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="QBE.EQ.delete_flag=1">

This doesn't works:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="QBE.EQ.delete_flag=0">

This doesn't works:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="QBE.EQ.delete_flag=1">

This doesn't work:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Symptom" attr=symptom_code extraURL="ADDITIONAL_WHERE=delete_flag=0 and description = 'TEST'">

• 3.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:08 AM

I had the same issue so I switched to workaround to dynamically fill dropdowns, here is an example:

// Attr name: spec
    detailDropdown("Specialization", "spec", "pri", 1, 40,
         false, "", "$args.spec",
         "no", "spec", "$args.spec",
         "","","no","","",
         "$args.spec",
         <PDM_LIST prefix=list where="delete_flag = 0" factory="z_spec_list">
              "$list.value", "$list.id",
         </PDM_LIST>
         "Default", "0"
    );

Regards,

Timur Alimov

• 4.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:21 AM

Thanks for your response Timur,

Could you confirm what difficulties you have noticed when trying to run this query on the dtldropdown macro? That should have showed you no difference with the extraurl or without it, is it?.

• 5.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Posted Mar 14, 2018 08:43 AM

yeah, extraURL doesn't work for me.

• 6.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:48 AM

extraURL only kicks in where dropdown becomes lookup...that is, the number of the dropdown list exceeds the value of SelListCacheMax as set in web cfg file. As a result, if dropdown does not become lookup, this parameter does not have any effect in the macro.

My 2cents

Thanks

Chi

• 7.  Re: extraurl usage for dtlDropdown macro

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:58 AM

Thanks a lot Chi,

I remember earlier you mentioned about the same, but I was so stupid behind this parameter that I was searching for results and each time it failed to work on the extraurl. it works fine on lookup as you mentioned.

Thanks for your suggestions.