CA Service Management

• 1.  CABI Support Matrix

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 02:40 PM

Please help answer these questions

1. When do we plan to support SQL Server 2016 as the Jasper database?
    2. Can current 6.3 version connect to SQL Server 2016 as a datasource?
    3. When will the product support installing on Windows Server 2016?
    4. When will the product support Tomcat 9 (as 8.0 is End of Life)?

Especially concerning is that we depend on an EOL component. What is the CA Roadmap for addressing this?

• 2.  Re: CABI Support Matrix
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2018 03:32 PM

Hi Chi - here are some answers for you:

1. When do we plan to support SQL Server 2016 as the Jasper database?

Answer: Currently both Jasper 6.3 and 6.4 are not certified with Sql 2016. You can see that here: System Requirements - CA Business Intelligence JasperReports® Server - 6.3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

This would be on Tibco to certify Jasper against that version of SQL so we cannot answer as to when that will happen. You can maybe try asking that on the Tibco Jasper community at http://community.jaspersoft.com

2. Can current 6.3 version connect to SQL Server 2016 as a datasource?

Answer: Yes, Jasper can report against a SQL 2016 database. You can see here in the 17.1 docs that Insights Datamart (which Jasper reports against for Xflow Insights) is compatible with SQL 2016 Enterprise: Supportability Matrix - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

3. When will the product support installing on Windows Server 2016?

Answer: Again this would be a question for the Tibco community.

4. When will the product support Tomcat 9 (as 8.0 is End of Life)?

Answer: Again same here - this would be something you would need to ask Tibco.

I would recommend that you either open a case with Tibco following our internal process (ping me offline if you need help with that), or register on the TIbco community and ask the questions there. Unfortuantely as Jasper is not a CA product, we cannot certify it with platforms.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CABI Support Matrix

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 03:34 PM

Jon, thanks for the info. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: CABI Support Matrix

Posted Oct 24, 2018 01:06 PM

I think the support of MS SQL 2016 must be something which need to be fixed (or certified by CA) as soon as possible. We're starting having problems with deployment of new identity suite 14.x simply because client doesn't have 2012 or 2014 (or doesn't want to deploy on it new applications) or just doesn't accept or understand why one products suite has different DB requirements. We just cannot just reply to client "Ask to Tibco", you as CA should ask it and let us know, so at least we can say to client "let's start without report server and in 6 months we're going to deploy it because 2016 will be supported...".

Thanks & regards.

• 5.  Re: CABI Support Matrix

Posted Oct 29, 2018 07:43 AM

I tried to open a support case to TIBCO asking about report server, but just got this unkind reply without any more information

Hello,

Our records indicate that your company does not currently have a valid maintenance agreement signed with TIBCO.

In order to receive technical assistance from TIBCO Support and obtain access to the TIBCO Support Portal (https://support.tibco.com), your company must have a current maintenance agreement with TIBCO. Therefore, we will not be able to process your Case.

For further assistance, please consult your TIBCO Sales Representative or the TIBCO Maintenance Renewals team: renewals@tibco.com

Kind regards,
    Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
    TIBCO Support