DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  DB2 Probe unable to start

Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:19 PM

All,

I am unable to start the db2 probe prompted with an error as "Probe needs to be started first".

We would need the IBM DB2 client library files to be directed for the path in the environment variables of the robot on which the db2 probe is deployed.

Has anybody got the link to the library files?

Regards,

Abhinav

• 2.  Re: DB2 Probe unable to start

Posted Mar 15, 2018 01:52 PM

Hello Abhinav,

The output of the commands './db2_monitor' and 'ldd db2_monitor' ran in the db2 probe directory points towards a missing library:

'./db2_monitor: error while loading shared libraries: libdb2.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'

This library libdb2.so.1 is located away from the other libraries. Therefore, the environmental variable within the Robot controller needs to point to this location for the probe to activate.

There is an idea opened in communities for this info to be added to the probe guide:

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235733255

Kind Regards,

Alex Yasuda
    Sr. Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: DB2 Probe unable to start

Posted Mar 15, 2018 01:56 PM

Hi Alex,

The error I am getting is different. It says- "The probe needs to be started". I don't have the library files handy. Can you help me where should I get all of them?

Regards,

Abhinav

• 4.  Re: DB2 Probe unable to start
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:03 AM

• 5.  Re: DB2 Probe unable to start

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:02 AM

This is the correct answer. The env variables need to be in place for the probe to start.