Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

CA TDM Architecture Installation

• 1.  CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi All,

I have few questions related to CA TDM architecture.

1. what are all the essential components or default components will be installed on CA TDM architecture?.

2. Whether CA TDM works like Client Server Architecture or something else?.

3. How repository database maintained by test data management?

4. I want to understand the architecture of CA TDM?. How Server and Clients components are installed on Each environment?.

5. Is there any separate TDM Server available for CA TDM 4.2?

6. How CA TDM architecture will be represent in enterprise level?.

Kindly share the right ansers to me.

Thanks

Kamal

• 2.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:22 AM
    1. The GT Server installation will install all components (and prereqs when possible - IIS is a prereq for TDoD which has to be installed manually for example). Optional (but very useful components) are: Portal Javelin, FastDataMasker, & HP ALM and/or CA Agile Central (Rally) integrations. Again, these are all installed by default - except Portal which has its own installer outside of GTServer.
    2. The GT Datamaker is the main component. This is not a client/server architecture. Datamaker does all the processing where ever it is installed and run. There is also a TDM Portal component. This is a Web Based UI front end. All processing happens on the server running the Portal component.
    3. There is a repo installation kit that needs to be run for first time installs. Datamaker will run an upgrade script on first run once that component is upgraded.
    4. GTServer components can be installed on local desktops or on a centralized server - pointing to the same repo. TDM Portal gets installed on a centralized server. Datamaker does processing where it is run. TDM Portal does processing on the server.
    5. Could you please clarify this question? FYI - TDM 4.4 is currently the latest version.
    6. Could you please clarify this question?

• 3.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Hi, Kamal,

Please feel free to email to narma13@ca.com.  I can help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 4.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:14 PM

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have few more questions related to CA TDM.

1. Scenario1: we have 2 regions production and test region. I want to take data from prod to test environment using CA datamaker and implement  In flight masking approach.

1.1 Where can i install CA datamaker either prod or test region?.

1.2 Where can i maintain CA TDM PORTAL server and Data maker client machine?.

1.3 How data are masked and moving to test region without distrubing production environment?.

1.4 How CA Datamaker implement mainframe database and decentralized database?.

1.5 what are all the components are triggered during data transfer from prod and test region?.

1.6 Could you please share the architecture diagram for

In Place masking for centralized and decentralized database

In Flight masking  for centralized and decentralized database

Thanks

Kamal

• 5.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:56 PM

Hi, Kamal,

Please find the link for TDM Architecture.

Architecture Overview - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Datamaker is a Client application, Can be installed on any client machines and can connect to Test or Prod Environment.

Datamaker Concepts and Features - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

TDM Portal is Web Application. 

Mainframe

Using for Mainframe - CA Test Data Manager - 4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 6.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 16, 2018 05:01 AM

Hi Manju,

Thanks for quick reply.

1. What are all the jobs and mainframe routines are executed inside CA DATAMAKER when we masking the data from source to target database?.

2. Whether CA data maker supports all databases to prepare mask data from source to target environment?.Any obstacles.

3. I read the above link but still I`m not clear on the architecture area?. Could you please provide few more architecture diagrams for decentralized and centralizsed system?.

Thanks

Kamal

• 7.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 16, 2018 06:23 AM

Hi Manju,

I have few more questions related to CA TDM:

1. What is the best practice to carryout masking Service using CA Datamaker (In Architecture point of view).
    2. If all the GT server components(Datamaker, Javelin, EDI) are installed on the server machine along withof data while profiling, masking etc happens locally or via the server the repository DB, and Datamaker is again installed on another machine (Say local), then do the processinG: How is  Datamaker communicating with server? Is it something like during the installation of Datamaker locally
    3. We give the repository DB details and it is using the mechanism to connect to the server?

• 8.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 16, 2018 10:50 AM

• 9.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 19, 2018 06:48 AM

Hello Manju,

Do you have any idea about the CA Data Maker licensing and how many installations can be done with one license key in an organization ?

also, Is there any Limitations on number of users who can use CA data maker with one license?

Thanks,

Kamal

• 10.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:20 AM

Kamal,

I don't know what time of license you have received. 

You can check with support or  Licensing Team or from the team where you got the license.

If you have installed DataMaker, You can get the licensing information from  Security > Users and Groups > Licenses 

Thanks and Regards,

Manju

• 11.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 22, 2018 09:25 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply... Thanks

• 12.  Re: CA TDM Architecture Installation

Posted Mar 22, 2018 09:26 AM
    I am trying to mask two free text Fields in a Mainframe File which can have value something like 'SSN 123456789 ' or ' SSN 123456987 ', etc.
    I want to mask only the rows which has the text 'SSN' in it as part of the Free text column and leave the other rows unmasked.

I am trying to use the Where condition in the Transformation maps, but Unfortunately i am not getting proper results.

Ideally main focus here is on the Substring search within a field.

Could someone please let me know how to USe substring search in the transformation maps, A sample template would be much helpful.