CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Desk Attachment

Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:33 PM

Hi Experts,

One of my support staff facing this error during attachment on SDM. I am attaching the screen shot of the error.

Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks.Unable to connect serverdesk:8080/caisd/Uploadservlet

• 2.  Re: Service Desk Attachment
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2018 12:50 PM

Ahmer,

I assume that attachments work for other users? If that's true, then can you confirm for certain if this particular user is able to access the url in the error message? It should bring up a white screen without any error messages. If they do not get a white screen, then they just may be unable to access the Service Desk server by its hostname or by the port 8080.

• 3.  Re: Service Desk Attachment

Posted Mar 15, 2018 01:35 PM

Yes Alexander you are right, attachments works for others users except for one. i will check what you said ...will come back here tomorrow. Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Service Desk Attachment

Posted Mar 16, 2018 12:01 AM

It looks like they’re connecting from an android device using the outlook web app (not familiar with that). You need to ensure the attachments servlet is accessible on this mobile interface as well.

I suggest you test accessing sdm on your phone with the same app, I suspect that all users accessing the sdm interface via this method will have the same problem.

• 5.  Re: Service Desk Attachment

Posted Mar 16, 2018 12:32 AM

No Grant, they are connected with PCs....i just took screenshot from my cellphone

• 6.  Re: Service Desk Attachment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 11:54 AM

Ahmer.........

Any update on this thread?

Did the suggestion by Alex help?