Service Virtualization

• 1.  VSE System Requirements Clarification

Posted Mar 19, 2018 12:21 PM

For CA Service Virtualization system requirements,

CPU: 2 GHz and two cores
    RAM: GB available RAM for VSE,

Total system RAM is 32GB and this machine dedicated to VSE only, I have 3 VSE'S running there. As per my knowledge, we can have 256 VS threads for 1 core CPU and 2GB RAM for VSE. But I want to confirm the below query,

If I need to run 500 Virtual services in 3 VSE in a single machine, how much RAM needed and CPU capacity or is there any other parameters which I need to consider?

• 2.  Re: VSE System Requirements Clarification

Posted Mar 19, 2018 07:02 PM

Hi,

Please go through the following link before you run all the 3 VSEs on a single machine.

Virtual Service Port Binding error 

Thanks,

Vish

• 3.  Re: VSE System Requirements Clarification

Posted Mar 20, 2018 03:49 AM

Thank you, I am aware of this port issue:). 

I want to know is the system resources are good enough?

• 4.  Re: VSE System Requirements Clarification

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:53 AM

Hi VenkatIKEA - Just saw that you're latest question here is unanswered. Pardon the delay! I will work to find someone that can provide the clarification you're looking for.

• 5.  Re: VSE System Requirements Clarification

Posted Apr 17, 2018 12:30 PM

gadpr08/Prema - Will you please chime in to help clarify an to answer the question above? Thanks!

• 6.  Re: VSE System Requirements Clarification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:53 PM

All your 500 VS's are running with a Capacity of 1 or greater. As far as I know, there is no limitation on the number of VS's you can run on a VSE.

As a best practice for 1 core 2 GB RAM per VSE machine, we can recommend 1 thread for functional and 6 threads for L&P as a starting points and capacity can be increased based on the system resources and the expected functionality. For example: If you have 10 VS's deployed and only 2 VS's are used for load testing then you can set Capacity of the VS's as below:

. All the 8 VS's which are used for functional testing can have the Capacity=1
    . Remaining 2 VS's can have Capacity set from >=6.

If you have 8 or 16 core machines with 32GB ram you should be good to run your 500 VS's. If you see out of memory issue then you can increase VSE memory in VSE vmoptions file.

Setting a specific number to VS Capacity will depend on the functionality you are looking.

Please refer the below documentation links on VSE performance:

.Load and Performance Server Sizing - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

. Sample Performance Benchmarks for Basic Service Virtualization - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentatio…