DX NetOps

• 1.  CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Posted Mar 19, 2018 07:44 AM

Hi

In our environment we have 100s of sites, modelled using model type Network, which have 1/2/3 devices in them.

When one of those sites goes down we get a CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS alarm as well as the CHASSIS DOWN alarm(s) for the device(s) in the container.

It seems to me that the CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS alarm should suppress any CHASSIS DOWN alarms in the container, but that is not happening.

I have tried using the Alarm Filter State options to Hide Symptoms and Show Only Primary Alarms ... but neither of these give the required result.

Can anyone tell me is there an option to suppress the CHASSIS DOWN alarms for devices when the container model has the CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS alarm active?

Regards, John

• 2.  Re: CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 11:02 AM

Hi John,

Can you elaborate on the devices in the container, are they connected in anyway? If they are not connected, the reason for this is that you don't have any connections ( neighbors ) and therefore there are not any downstream devices. The Fault Isolation code is depending from that - This is the reason you have the alarm(s) at both the container level and all included devices.

Best,

Harold

• 3.  Re: CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Posted Apr 04, 2018 07:30 AM

John, 

You could create a condition correlation to make the CHASSIS DOWN alarm a symptom of the CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS alarm.

Joe

• 4.  Re: CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Posted Mar 21, 2019 06:49 AM

Hi Joe,

Could you please elaborate a little bit on how to configure this correlation?

I am having a hard time going through to documentation about this feature.

Thanks and regards,

Zacchi

• 5.  Re: CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Posted Mar 28, 2019 08:44 AM

Zacchi,

Basically, you need to first make sure the CHASSIS DOWN and CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS events are configured as conditions. Then, create a rule which states the CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS is a symptom of the CHASSIS DOWN. Create a policy that includes the rule. Create a domain that includes the policy and the device and network models that would be associated.

Joe

• 6.  Re: CONTACT LOST TO NETWORK MODELS & CHASSIS DOWN alarms question

Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:40 AM

Thanks Joe, I managed to make it work after some tinkering. The existing condition was using wrong clear events.

Regards,

Zacchi