IDMS

• 1.  IDMS v19.0 web services

Posted Mar 19, 2018 07:56 AM

Hello,

We are currently working on the latest version IDMS v19.0. We would like to know the available web services option in the ca-IDMS v19.0

if yes, where we could see the option is enabled.

The background of the reason to know the detailed information about web services, Dev. team came up with the proposal to develop ADSO module to work as a service provider for IDMS webservices.

We are looking for your advise to the below link. Could you please let us know your valuable comments. 

Web Services Employee Demonstration - CA IDMS - 19.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks for your time to read my text.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 2.  Re: IDMS v19.0 web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 02:53 PM

Hi Sushil, 

All clients now have access to the IDMS Web Services feature, with the advent of 'Portfolio Simplification'.   The Web Services feature was delivered in the last few (IR2, IR3 & IR4)  'Incremental Releases' to IDMS R19.  You'll want to make sure you are up-to-date with these IR's.   In addition, you should install PTF RO96807.   This PTF will suppress the LMP Key checks for all of the products now licensed under the IDMS/DB umbrella-product, for Portfolio Simplification.

Hope this helps, 

Dave

• 3.  Re: IDMS v19.0 web services

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:46 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks.

I support app. IDMS DBA. I will check with our system IDMS DBAs about the PTF RO96807. 

I would like to understand if any additional inputs. It will be very helpful for me to elaborate.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 4.  Re: IDMS v19.0 web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 09:11 AM

Hi Sushil, 

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to take this discussion offline.

My contact information is listed below.

Dave

david.dillon@ca.com

Work: 508-628-8069

• 5.  Re: IDMS v19.0 web services

Posted Apr 20, 2018 05:07 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your contact details.

yes, I will contact you directly with few below list of IDMS DBA activities.

I am looking for your help, Do you have any helpful document steps or manual with you.

S.No

Regions

IDMS DBA General Requests

Theoretical Knowledge

Practical Exposure

Request Type

TEST, UAT, PROD

New DB Creation

Yes

No

App Team

TEST, UAT, PROD

SYSGEN

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

PROD

JOURNAL (Recovery DB disaster)

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

Unload and Reload

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

New AREA Creation

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

New Schema and Subschema Creation

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

New Segment Creation

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

Index and Rebuild index

Yes

No

DBA Maintenance

TEST, UAT, PROD

Creation of new dictionary

Yes

No

App Team

I am working as a IDMS (App DBA), I have knowledge of theoretical concepts in the above table items, but when comes to the real practical exposure and I need the technical guidance and where I can get it from scratch to work on the above items. 

Could you please help me out on this.

Thank you.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 6.  Re: IDMS v19.0 web services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 07:51 AM

Hi Sushil, 

Documentation for the latest (r19) release of CA IDMS can be found online, on the CA DocOps website, at CA IDMS - Home - CA IDMS - 19.0 - CA Technologies Documentation .    In addition, we have a vast collection of Knowledge Documents on various topics on our IDMS Product support site, at CA IDMS .   And if you have specific questions or problems, you can always contact us directly at CA Support Online, at CA Support Online - CA Technologies .

Finally, although this may be a stretch, we're having an IDMS technical conference in Plano, Texas next month that would probably be very beneficial for you:  

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

Dave