DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to install APM Infrastructure (MOM & Collectors) via silent install?

• 1.  How to install APM Infrastructure (MOM & Collectors) via silent install?

Posted Mar 19, 2018 01:36 PM

I didn't quite get it, I don't want to install a BrowserAgent, I want to install the APM Infrastructure with the MOM(s) and the Collectors, how do I proceed with the silent install in 10.5?

Isn't just to extract the files from the tar file, then to alter the SampleResponseFile regarding the specific component I want to install  like this :

# Introscope features to install. Must be a comma-delimited list.
    # Example: Enterprise Manager,WebView
    # The APM database stores Business Services and Application Dependency Map information.
    # This database is deployed on a PostgreSQL database.
    # If you want to install APM database only, use,
    # silentInstallChosenFeatures=Database
    # To install database along with EM add "Database" to the property below
    # Ensure that you also specify databaseDir, dbAdminUser and dbAdminPassword properties
    # below if you want to install APM database.
    silentInstallChosenFeatures=Enterprise Manager,Database

And then just run the bin with the -f option like this:

' ./IntroscopeAgent10.5.2.52unix.bin -f SampleResponseFile.Agent.txt '

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How to install APM Infrastructure (MOM & Collectors) via silent install?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 05:31 PM

Hi Tiago (Tiago Mendes)

I branched your original question from How to install APM Agent via silent install (problem with brtm-eulaFile)? to this new thread.

OK now I understand. Your problem is that you are mistakenly using the Agent installer instead of the Enterprise Manager (EM) installer.

You need to download the 10.5.2 EM installer as follows:

Under support.ca.com selected 'DOWNLOAD MANAGEMENT"

Enter product name "CA Application Performance Management Enterprise Manager (APM/Wily/Introscope)" and 24 Product Downloads will be found

Click on the number 24 to see the list of products.

Go to page 2 and for link "CA Application Performance Management MULTI-PLATFORM" enter Release 10.5 and Service Pack 2

Then click on  "CA Application Performance Management MULTI-PLATFORM"  and you will see the "ENTERPRISE MANAGER INSTALLER" downloads for multiple platforms.

You can then follow the silent install steps here:

Install APM in Silent Mode - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

NOTE: Above is EM version 10.5.2 (10.5.2.15). The EM 10.5 2SP2 (10.5.2.52) is just a patch upgrade and not a full blown EM installer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn