Symantec IGA

• 1.  Address book into Identity Portal 14.1

Posted Mar 19, 2018 08:56 AM

In the past I implemented a sort of address-book feature into Identity Portal 12.6.7 by creation a new module of template / object = Manage only / User without any Actions

and it works as expected, in other words I can search for users and see details of them.

Now, I would like do the same with new release Identity Portal 14.1 vApp but I noticed the Module - Template named "Manage only" is not more available, for this reason I selected Type = "Object Management", Object Type = "User" and Object Template  = "Create and Manage"

but it does not work, no user search feature is available. 

• 2.  Re: Address book into Identity Portal 14.1

Posted Mar 19, 2018 02:53 PM

Hello Gabriele,

To accomplish this I think you would need to create a task under the AdminUI. Have the task pull a modify user task. Next Create a Form that uses the modify user task that you just created. Under properties you can pull in the attributes that you need and mark them as Read Only. That way no modifications can be read.

Next create a search screen have it pull in the same attributes as you did above.

Now go back to the module you created add the search module you created with the correct attributes and under actions select the "modify" form you created above. 

This should allow you to view the users from your connector without being able to make any modifications.

Create Forms - CA Identity Suite - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Configure Tasks - CA Identity Suite - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Module - CA Identity Suite - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Luke

• 3.  Re: Address book into Identity Portal 14.1

Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:08 AM

Hi Luke,

thanks for your suggestion but, in this case, the user should first select the Module and than the Action before he can start to search for a user.

The requirements is to have the user search feature just before the Module selection without having any Action (the user information will be shown in the search result table and, also, in the Addition Information panel). This is configurable with Identity Portal 12.6.7 but I do not know how to replicate the same with release 14.1.

Otherwise, is it possibile at least to remove the submit button on the final form? 

Thanks,

Gabriele

• 4.  Re: Address book into Identity Portal 14.1
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2018 10:19 AM

Hi Gabriele,

I think a screensharing session would helpful, to have an engineer review what you've created on 12.6.7. I know there have been significant changes since then. It is possible that the functionality has been modified. To do this, a support ticket would need to be created.

Thanks,

Luke