DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 19, 2018 04:41 PM

Hello all,

Is that normal that Pre-processing rules still running to message in maintenance mode period? How can we handle with this?

Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 19, 2018 07:50 PM

Please check the below 

Tech Tip - maintenance_mode probe behavior 

Below is what happens at nas during maintenance mode 

interaction with nas probe

nas probe builds list of which device is in under maintenance by regularly asking maintenance_mode probe.

maintenance_mode probe provides the latest info of maintenance_window table (its end_time not expired).

when new alert is arriving at nas probe, nas probe checks dev_id (which is an attribute in alert) and if dev_id is in the list, then nas discards the alert

Could you please detail the issue which you are facing with the pre-processing rules during maintenance mode ?

• 3.  Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:10 PM

Hello,

I only do this in LUA script:

event.custom_2 = ""
    event.custom_3 = ""
    return event

I use this to control e-mail and sms send events. So, in maintenance window, this script does not have to execute, considering the rule filter.

Regards

• 4.  Re: Maintenance mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 09:50 PM

in maintenance window, alarm is not arriving at nas probe, so the alarm will never be target of pre-processing.

• 5.  Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:03 PM

That is very strange, because I´m asking here because the alarm came to pre-processing when maintenance window is still active.

• 6.  Re: Maintenance mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:15 PM

few possibilities.

- alarm severity is informational. informational alarm is exception - not discarded by maintenance window

- wrong device is placed into maintenance.

proper dev_id has to be placed into maintenance, please check alarm dev_id and the dev_id is placed into maintenance.

• 7.  Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 19, 2018 11:25 PM

Ok, I´ll take a look. Thanks for your help

• 8.  Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Mar 20, 2018 09:14 AM

YU, the alarm serverity is informational. So how can we handle with this?

Regards

• 9.  Re: Maintenance mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 11:43 PM

thank you for update

unfortunately it is per a design - maintenance is not designed to spoil informational alert even alarm is coming from device while maintenance window is open for.

• 10.  Re: Maintenance mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 11:44 PM

so you may want to use NAS pre-processing rule to spoil that alert.

• 11.  RE: Re: Maintenance mode

Posted Nov 16, 2021 10:48 AM
    @Yu Ishitani is there a way to view the actual alarm message that's being suppressed while a device is in maintenance mode? Like in a log file or is there a way to create a pre processing script or something so that I can write the alarm information that is being suppressed like the robot name, alarm message, etc to a file?​

------------------------------
    [JobTitle]
    ------------------------------