DX NetOps

• 1.  Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:00 AM

Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

We are facing some issue during report generation. 

We are unable to generate any report from Spectrum, getting ERROR "No Records Found". And now "Select the device(s)" list is not populating to generate the availability reports for any selected device.

• 2.  Re: Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 09:05 AM

Hello APDCL,

One possible issue is that the reporting database is out of sync.

Please check the output of the following MySQL query:

1. Open a bash shell (bash -login)
    2. Navigate to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory
    3. Launch the MySQL command prompt

Run: ./mysql -uroot -proot (for Windows platform)

Run: ./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot (for Linux/Solaris platform)

1. Run the MySQL commands below:

SELECT * FROM landscape\G

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:34 AM

Spectrum 9.2 went End of Service on April 1st, 2015.  As this is almost 3 years out of support most likely we will not be able to assist you.

I would suggest to install a supported version of CA Spectrum and if you are then having issues running reports we can assist you further with a support issue.

• 4.  Re: Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

Posted Mar 21, 2018 03:51 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any idea about 

What is the Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

• 5.  Re: Maximum device/model limit in ca spectrum 9.2.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 04:20 AM

Generally we recommend around 200,000 models but this depends mainly on the amount of physical memory as Spectrum 9.x is all 32bit and therefore will have a max ceiling limit of around 3.7gb on Linux or about 2.8gb on Windows unless you enable the /3g switch to use memory reserved from the Kernel to the SpectroSERVER process.

220,000 models generally is the upper limit.

I have seen some customers reach as many as 400,000 models, but there were many performance problems and the SpectroSERVER could crash out of memory as the SpectroSERVER process was at the very limit of 3.7gb on Linux OS.

The error message that you are seeing is most likely not due to the number of models but is more of a problem with Report Manager.  The very last hotfix for 9.2 was h13 and it resolved many of the problems, but I have checked and it is no longer available on our FTP site.