Test Data Manager

• 1.  how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:01 PM

i am not getting entries to enter multiple DB IP addresses.

• 2.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:25 PM

Hi Vinay,

Here is our documentation for creating connection profiles.

CA TDM Portal will only support the Oracle Service Name.

Oracle Service Name
             (For Oracle) Specifies the name of the Oracle service. TNS names are not supported.

Thank you,

Ryan McKlveen

• 3.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:36 PM

Hi Ryan,

1. I am unable to access the documentation link, kindly re-share it.

2. Yes, CA TDM Portal will not support TNS names, but due to security reasons Client has given access to DBs to connect via HOST IPs but not from Host names. As we have ORACLE RAC DB servers, each Oracle DB host service has 3 IPs and the connection ping can reach DB via any of the 3 IPs, and each time it takes random IPs out of 3. 

In CA Subset tool, this issue is addressed by providing option to enter multiple IPs with its Ports, and the connection type is ORACLERAC.

how to go forward in my case?  

• 4.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:04 PM

• 5.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2018 01:38 PM

I don't think we currently have the option to enter multiple IP's in TDM so you could just enter any one of the IP's and establish a connection and this should work. If you still want to use all three IP's, then you could create a connection profile for each ip and switch between the 3 connection profiles as needed

• 6.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?

Posted Apr 02, 2018 02:35 PM

Thanks Anil - But i guess if Database has a RAC server - then the ping to DB can go from any of the IPs or the VIP. In this case the stability of the connection will not be stable.

Any steps to fix this new requirement in CA TDM portal ?

• 7.  Re: how to create a Connection Profile in CA TDM portal for a Oracle RAC server DB?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2018 03:13 PM

Hi Vinay,

I would suggest that you submit an Idea to the Community group, and have it voted up for a possible Enhancement Request into the product.
    Here below are the steps to do so:
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/how-to-submit-an-enhancement-request-for-test-data-manager/kb000009611