DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Use Cases of nimalarm -utility

Posted Mar 20, 2018 01:12 PM

Hi All,

Can anyone share real time use cases of nimalarm utility , I have gone through the docs want to hear from customers who are using . I want to test this with some useful cases.

The NimAlarm Utility - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 2.  Re: Use Cases of nimalarm -utility

Posted Mar 20, 2018 01:52 PM

In a lab environment, it requires a little bit of additional scripting, but you can effectively load test to make sure you can process alarm storms, ensure integration points, etc still function properly.  It be nice if you can just say fire off 1000 or more of random alarms and also specify thresholds within that subset to include multiple duplicates etc. This is where the external script to orchestrate this is required.

• 3.  Re: Use Cases of nimalarm -utility

Posted Mar 20, 2018 06:42 PM

Hi Issac,

A real (production) use case: 

We had a shell script that the logmon was launching. Sometimes for any reasons we wanted to launch an UIM alarm because something goes wrong on our shell script... NimAlarm utility answered my need  

Hope it will help you ! 

Best Regards,

Thomas

• 4.  Re: Use Cases of nimalarm -utility

Posted Jun 13, 2018 02:45 PM

We created a simple bat file that could be called by our workload automation tool to generate an alarm when a job failed, ran long, returned bad data....