CA Service Management

• 1.  how to configure an approval policy?

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:22 PM
      |   view attached

Hi! Im working on a policy where i need to set an approver from an Active Directory Group. From that group i need to select the user's manager and not all the group. I attached my configuration rigth now, but with that one all the members of the group are receiving the request instead of the manager from the user.

Any ideas how to set that?

Thank you!

Regards

• 2.  Re: how to configure an approval policy?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 09:39 AM

Hi,

one of the out-of-the-box policy definitions, "Assign To Manager" will assign to the requested-for user's manager; is that what you're trying to do? It's inactive by default, so you'll need to activate it if so.

regards

Iain

• 3.  Re: how to configure an approval policy?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 09:47 AM

Hi Iain! Yes, im using that but i need to add to that policy that the manager must be in a AD group.

• 4.  Re: how to configure an approval policy?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 10:13 AM

Sorry Sebastian, I'm not sure I follow - the manager in that flag is a specific user for each requested_for user; it's taken from the 'Manager' field of the user's information (as in the screen Administration > Users > [the details of the user in question]). If you specify a group, instead, then it will go to the group, as you've seen.

Is it that you only wish the policy to fire if the manager is in that group? What are you looking to have happen if that manager user is not in the group you're interested in?

• 5.  Re: how to configure an approval policy?

Posted Mar 21, 2018 02:02 PM

Hi! Yes, I only want the policy if the manager is in that group

• 6.  Re: how to configure an approval policy?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:15 PM

Thanks Sebastian,

I'm not aware of a way to bring the manager's group as a parameter to check within the policy manager itself - this may be something that's better performed through a PAM process, where you could write additional logic to look this up.

Would people with these specific managers be in a group you could check against themselves?

regards

Iai