DX NetOps

• 1.  Link Speed monitoring in mbps

Posted Mar 20, 2018 01:40 PM

Is there is any possibility whether spectrum can monitor the link speed in mbps format? I don't want to do in interface % ,Bandwidth IN or OUT . Looking solutions for achieving in mbps .Anyone tried or any suggestions.

• 2.  Re: Link Speed monitoring in mbps

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:54 PM

Good afternoon friend !

I do not know if it will help you in your problem!
    But there is an attribute in the "X_ifSpeed" interface (0x12913) that you can enter speed value.

• 3.  Re: Link Speed monitoring in mbps
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:04 AM

As Spectrum gets the interface from the SysObject IfSpeed which is measured in bits per second, this is why we do not display the values in Spectrum.  Bandwidth is also a calculated attribute and by default we more or less use the formula mentioned here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/8141-calculate-bandwidth-snmp.html

If you are looking for Mbps instead of Utilization % out of the box, I would encourage you to raise an Enhancement Request for this idea.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 4.  Re: Link Speed monitoring in mbps

Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:42 AM

One way to achieve this would be to have a Watcher set up with the appropriate formula to get Mbps and then customize the performance views to add a graph on that value. Did you try that? I would give it a try...

• 5.  Re: Link Speed monitoring in mbps

Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:08 PM

Hi Christophe ,

Have you got any chance to test the alert.

• 6.  Re: Link Speed monitoring in mbps

Posted Apr 05, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi,

No, sorry, didn't have time yet. If I have a couple of minutes to try it out, I'll post the result here.