Test Data Manager

• 1.  Data Maker Crashes 4.4

Posted Mar 21, 2018 08:19 AM

Hi,

We have upgraded the Data Maker to 4.4 version. There is no issue in accessing the Data Maker for all of the users, it doesn't crashes for any of the users. All users are accessing the same server.It happens that for one user , when he logs in to the Data Maker, after some 30 minutes or some 1 hr. He gets an prompt message

'Invalid license data. reinstall is required. for Visual Studio 2010 Shell'. Please let me know the cause for this User and do we need to upgrade the Visual studio version to higher by reinstalling.

If i do a reinstall, would this visual studio impact the working of Data Maker.

current version installed on server is -- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell (Isolated) - Enu

Visula studio 2010 Shell error

BR,

Sunil

• 2.  Re: Data Maker Crashes 4.4

Posted Mar 21, 2018 08:58 AM

Sunil,

I suspect that the Visual Studio error is a red herring. If Datamaker is indeed crashing, it's possible that Visual Studio is configured as your debugger which is why this user is getting this message. To reset the debugger back to defaults, follow the instructions here:

Debug using the Just-In-Time Debugger - Visual Studio | Microsoft Docs 

Most Datamaker crashes occur due to the fact that it's a 32 bit application. If the user is running a task that is quite large, it's possible that Datamaker is running out of memory. For example, if it's a publish job, the user can attempt to run it in "Enterprise" mode which will run the publish via TDM Portal - which is a 64 bit app and can allocate much more memory.

If the user continues to encounter crashes, it would be best to open a support case so we can debug/troubleshoot accordingly.

• 3.  Re: Data Maker Crashes 4.4

Posted Mar 21, 2018 10:47 AM

Thanks KIAM.

So I would like to try only by disabling Just-In-Time debugging right ?

This bug happens with only one of the user. Since the server is same for all of the users, Rest Users are not facing this issue.

BR,

Sunil

• 4.  Re: Data Maker Crashes 4.4
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2018 11:14 AM

Sunil,

Disabling the JIT Debugger would simply change the error message in the case of a crash. It will not solve the crash.

If the user is attempting a large publish, try the publish in Enterprise Mode in order to have Portal do all of the work.

If the user is still running into regular crashes, they should open a support case accordingly.

Regards,

Sean

• 5.  Re: Data Maker Crashes 4.4

Posted Mar 21, 2018 11:28 AM

Thank you KIAM very much for your kind response.

BR,
    Sunil

• 6.  Re: Data Maker Crashes 4.4

Posted Mar 23, 2018 07:40 AM

Hi Kiam,

Data Maker crashes with the issue 'Invalid license data. reinstall is required. for Visual Studio 2010 Shell' not during the Job publish. It happens, just when the user is working on the Data Maker, and after some time - Data Maker, it gets crashes with that error 'Invalid license data. reinstall is required. for Visual Studio 2010 Shell' . Please let me know, if any other work around.

BR,

Sunil