Service Virtualization

• 1.  Mass update "Think Time Spec" field for all the transaction in VSI

Posted Mar 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Is there a way to update the value of "Think time spec" for all the transactions in the VS image ? I need to update this field for a VSI created using recording and it has 100's of transaction in it. So looking for a easier way to update this field.

• 2.  Re: Mass update "Think Time Spec" field for all the transaction in VSI

Posted Mar 22, 2018 07:43 AM

Hi,

Since you want to do a mass update, I assume all the transactions will have a common delay / think time.

For this instead of setting the Think Time Spec individually for every transaction you can set a common Think Time property on the VSE response selection or any other VSE steps.

Note: to my knowledge the think time property set on VSE / Test Steps will not be honored during ITR run.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

• 3.  Re: Mass update "Think Time Spec" field for all the transaction in VSI

Posted Mar 22, 2018 09:28 AM

Hi VenkateshSatturi,

Thanks for the response. As you mentioned, the think time/delay is common for all Operations and its transactions. Currently all the transactions in the VSI has different "Think time Spec" value since they were captured during recording. 

If i update the "Think time" in model for image response selection step , will it override the individual "think  time spec" value in VSI? I don't want the actual service response time will be sum of both model "Think time" and VSI "think time spec".

• 4.  Re: Mass update "Think Time Spec" field for all the transaction in VSI

Posted Mar 30, 2018 06:11 AM

Hi,

Up to my knowledge, the think time in the VSI and VSM has it's own significance.

The think time specified in the VSI is for the incoming message and 

the think time specified in the VSM is for the particular step(Listener/Router/Responder or etc.,) . 

We may not want to configure the think time in the VSM and expect a proper delay from the service. 

• 5.  Re: Mass update "Think Time Spec" field for all the transaction in VSI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2018 08:50 AM

Open your VSM. Don't select any step. You see a "Companions" section to the right. This includes various options for think time of every linked operation.