DX NetOps

• 1.  Connecting Spectrum Oneclick to Jasper server

Posted Mar 22, 2018 04:54 PM

Hi All,

I have looked through docops and was unable to find the correct information I needed. When setting up Spectrum 10.2.3 to connect to the Jasper Server it says on the Admin Page to download the spectrumConfigInstaller.jar, then To install, run as java -jar spectrumConfigInstaller.jar with required arguments. The usual vagueness of this leaves me pulling my hair out, and I don't have much left.  Number 1.  The Jasper server is a Linux system. Where does this file get placed to run the jar file, ownership, permissions, etc? Number 2. What the heck is the "Required Arguments".  Help please for the sake of my hair.

TIA

• 2.  Re: Connecting Spectrum Oneclick to Jasper server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2018 05:14 PM

Hello,

Have you followed this guide?

CA Spectrum and CABI JasperReports Server Integration for Unified Dashboards and Reporting - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.… 

Instructions for CA Spectrum 10.2.2 and above

Important! To use the Unified Dashboards and Reporting for Infrastructure Management capabilities, you need to upgrade to CA Spectrum 10.2 and then install the 10.2.3 or 10.2.2 Service Pack on top of it. If you are on CA Spectrum 10.2.1, install the 10.02.01.PTF_10.2.117 on top of it.

After installing the JasperReports Server and Spectrum Report Manager(SRM), you need to enable the integration between JasperReports Server and SRM. 

CA Spectrum and CABI JasperReports Server Integration

The Jasper Integration page in the CA Spectrum OneClick administration page allows you to enter the required parameters and enable the integration between CA Spectrum and CABI JasperReports Server.

Prerequisites for the Integration 

Prior to integrating SRM with CABI JasperReports Server, you must download and install the 'Integration Components' on your CABI JasperReports Server. The 'Integration Components' lays down the CA Spectrum specific content in CABI JasperReports Server and helps to successfully enable the integration. If you do not install the integration components, the integration may not work properly.

Installing the Integration Components 

Follow these steps to install and configure the Integration Components on CABI JasperReports Server:

1. Launch the CA Spectrum OneClick web console and click the Administration tab.

2. Click the Report Manager link.

3. Select the Jasper Integration option from the Report Manager Admin Tools.
      The Jasper Integration page appears. 

4. Click the 'Integration Components' link on the Jasper Integration page.
      The spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file is downloaded to the Downloads folder in your computer.

Note: If the JasperReports server is on a Linux computer and it does not support GUI, then download the spectrumConfigInstaller.jar from a Windows computer as mentioned in Step 4. Place the downloaded spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file on the Jasper Linux computer and proceed with the following steps.

5. Using the command prompt, run the following command: 
      <CABI Install folder path>\java\bin\java -jar <spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file path>\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -install
      Example: <CABI Install folder path>\java\bin\java -jar C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -install

Enter the CABI Apache-Tomcat Home Location:
      Example: C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat 

Enter the CABI Webapp Name (Default: jasperserver-pro):
      Ex: jasperserver-pro

The setup progress takes some time. During this process, the following files are deployed at jasperTomcat on the JasperReports Server:

/webapps/jasperserver-pro/optimized-scripts/bower_components/jrs-ui/src/reportViewer/reportViewerMain.js
      /webapps/SpectrumProxy.war
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/applicationContext-WebServiceDataSource.xml
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/bundles/webserviceds.properties
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/customDatasource_WebService_JRS_wrapper.jar
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/fluent-hc-4.2.1.jar
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/WebServiceDataAdapter.jar
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/bundles/DashboardBundle.properties
      /webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/spectrum_utils.jar

After the pre-Installation process is complete, restart the Jasper tomcat server to complete the configuration.

Thanks,

Silvio