Clarity

• 1.  XOG - values with spaces are uploaded

Posted Mar 23, 2018 04:43 PM

Hello,

I am trying to upload the requirements via XOG to PPM.  Below is the XML being used. The request is successful and requirement is uploaded. However few fields where values have spaces are not populated in PPM. These are drop-downs in PPM UI. Can you please help me with this? 

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_requirement.xsd">
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="requirement" version="12.0"/>
    <requirements>
    <requirement title="Login" object_id="SE-001" type="FEATURE" theme="ARCHITECTURE" description="Loging requirements" status="NEW" risk="LOW" requested_by="CUSTOMER" investment_id="PR000197" manager="jgray@brooksbrothers.com" />
    <requirement title="Logout" object_id="se-002" type="REQUIREMENT" theme="CUSTOMER SATISFACTION" description="Logout requirements" status="NEW" risk="MEDIUM" requested_by="BETA CUSTOMER" investment_id="PR000197" manager="jgray@brooksbrothers.com" />
    </requirements>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: XOG - values with spaces are uploaded
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:16 PM

If they are drop-downs from lookups shouldn't you have the codes there instead of the values?

• 3.  Re: XOG - values with spaces are uploaded

Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:18 PM

Sounds like you managed to log in. What was the problem?

• 4.  Re: XOG - values with spaces are uploaded

Posted Mar 26, 2018 08:42 AM

I am able to login, after I got "Tenant Administrator" role.

• 5.  Re: XOG - values with spaces are uploaded

Posted Mar 26, 2018 03:18 AM

Try XOG'ing out a sample Requirement from DEV, ensuring that the 'challenged' attributes are populated on the sample record.  Use this as a starting point for the XOG to write the new Requirement back into DEV.

• 6.  Re: XOG - values with spaces are uploaded

Posted Mar 26, 2018 08:45 AM

Thank you. I was not aware that we have to use codes instead of values. As you suggested after XOG'ing out the sample requirements, I got the details of values that needs to be used in XOG'in request.