Clarity

• 1.  JasperSoft reports not working.

Posted Mar 25, 2018 02:22 PM

Hi , The jasper reports are running fine from Clarity Load Balancer URL, however it is not loading from individual app server URLs of the Cluster . 

The Input control page is showing blank when run from the app server URLs. Please advice .

• 2.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2018 01:56 AM

HI Ritesh

This is very strange, ideally if there is any issue it could happen from load balancer but in your case its from individual app. So you need to see the browser trace to see if all the calls to the server is happening or not.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Posted Mar 26, 2018 07:52 AM

Hi RKP, I agree with SumanPramanik here - in your browser hit F12 (or go to developer tools) and then reproduce the problem.  Look at the network tab in the developer tools window and see what URL or host its trying to hit.  My guess is that you will find it attempting to connect to an incorrect URL, OR attempting to go from HTTPS to HTTP which most browsers dont allow.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Posted Mar 28, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi Jon/ Suman ,

Thanks for your input . I did the browser trace and got Cross - Origin blocked request error while accessing it from individual app URL.

As per the developer tool - when clicked on the Report link ,  it is calling load balance login URL (http://clarity.xyz.com /ppmreports/login.html) ; however the below screens appears and no input control to put the filter data .

Can you please advice something around this .

• 5.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 07:58 AM

Ok so here is the logic works. Jaspersoft will only allow what you enter in HTTP/HTTPS URL entry in CSA and since you have load balancer it will allow but now you are trying to access using one node, jaspersoft couldn't validate that.

Any reason why you would need to have this working? 

• 6.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Posted Mar 28, 2018 08:25 AM

Thanks Suman . 

There was a requirement where in we need to run the reports from each app server URL as well as from the Load Balancer URL.

So is there a way to achieve it ?

• 7.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 08:28 AM

The only way to do is to turn off CSRF protection at Jaspersoft and doing that it will leave your system prone to vulnerabilities 

• 8.  Re: JasperSoft reports not working.

Posted Mar 28, 2018 11:56 AM

Thanks Suman . I will convey this to the business .