DX NetOps

• 1.  CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Posted Mar 26, 2018 04:21 PM

Hey all,

I have an interesting issue in a fresh install of CAPM 3.5 that we've run across. For whatever reason, any time you pull up PC, it automatically logs you in with the "admin" user. You can log in as other users - if I log out and then log in with the user account I made for myself, it works fine. But close the tab and revisit the site, and it's back to auto-login as admin. I thought it was something cached in my browser, but I had a colleague try on his PC and the same thing happens. I know that it shouldn't do that, and in the past when I've installed the product fresh it didn't have this issue. Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

• 2.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2018 02:07 PM

If you run the following (the path may differ if you did not choose the default installation location):

/opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/SsoConfig

1. CA Performance Center

4. Single Sign-On

Do you see anything set for:
    Anonymous User Enabled:
    Anonymous User ID:

If you don't see anything in the initial display, check:

1. Remote Value

and

2. Local Override

If you see:

Anonymous User Enabled: Enabled

Anonymous User ID: 1

Then the system is configured to auto login as admin (the id of the admin user is 1).

You would want to reset these by selecting the corresponding number where it is set (Remote Value and/or Local Override)

and select r to reset the values.

• 3.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Posted Mar 27, 2018 07:21 PM

No luck there. The first screen says anonymous user is disabled, and the remote/local values are blank.

• 4.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 08:42 AM

Does the browser you are using have a private browsing mode?

Does the same issue occur if that is used?

• 5.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Posted Mar 28, 2018 12:08 PM

Yes and yes. I actually went so far as to ask a team member (who had never pulled up the system at all) to bring up the web page on his PC, and it automatically logged him in as the admin user.

• 6.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 01:37 PM

At this point, I would recommend opening an issue with Support,  and if you can, provide a CA Remote Engineer output for CAPC:

How to Run the CA Remote Engineer (CARE) diagnostic - CA Knowledge 

• 7.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Posted Apr 12, 2018 11:55 AM

KK and Chris, so how did we make out on this one?   

• 8.  Re: CAPC automatically logging in with admin

Posted May 04, 2018 02:47 PM

It wound up being that SSO was set to automatically log in the admin user if you logged in locally. Because I had to connect to Performance Center via SSH tunnel (not ideal, it was due to firewall issues on our network), SSO saw my login as being local and auto-logged me in as admin. Once I got rid of that setting, everything worked great.