Clarity

• 1.  Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 07:09 AM

Hi Team,

I have 5 different XML file like a1.xml,a2.xml....a5.xml, how I need to  run concurrently this 5 xml file.

Ex: If a1.xml  file is completed then a2.xml to execute until a5.xml .

How can I achieve, Please advise on this.

• 2.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 07:22 AM

I think that if you using the XOG client (manually) you cannot do that by itself.

With a batch file you can re-run XOG as many times you want and specify the input file  for every round.

Running the files with a GEL script is another option.

• 3.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 07:43 AM

Hi Urmas,

Thanks for your mail.

=>Can you please provide the sample for the below

With a batch file you can re-run XOG as many times you want and specify the input file  for every round.      

Running the files with a GEL script is another option.

• 4.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 08:53 AM

Try XML spear application, in that configure your properties file and select the files you want to execute , it will xog read/write sequentially.

Thanks,

Agin

• 5.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 10:18 AM

ITROI's XOG/SQL Query bridge will do that for you as well;

https://www.itroisolutions.com/xog-sql-query-ca-ppm 

• 6.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 01:20 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to execute multiple XML files concurrently at a single batch via shell script calling Gel script.

• 7.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:03 PM

To use a batch file your could try something like

call xog.bat -input     in1.xlm -output out1.xln    -propertyfile batchdata.properties
    call xog.bat -input     in2.xlm -output out2.xln    -propertyfile batchdata.properties
    call xog.bat -input     in3.xlm -output out3.xln    -propertyfile batchdata.properties
    call xog.bat -input     in4.xlm -output out4.xln    -propertyfile batchdata.properties
    call xog.bat -input     in5.xlm -output out5.xln    -propertyfile batchdata.properties

where you have all the other required command line parameters in the batchdata.properties file.

You could have a shell script which calls the Gel scripts one at a time in sequence. Which cold allow some concurrent running while if you have one Gel script that calls the XOGing in sequence then they will be run to the end of each in sequence as well.

• 8.  Re: Want to Execute 5 XML file

Posted Mar 29, 2018 03:34 AM

Is it possible to execute multiple XML files concurrently at a single batch via shell script calling Gel script.

The answer to that question is "yes" - GEL is just a program language which can call XOG ; thus you can program it to call XOG multiple times. And GEL can be called from the command line.

But you are asking the wrong question I think ; if you have multiple XOG compliant XML files that you want to run in, then the other answers given to you in this discussion are the right ones.