Rally Software

• 1.  @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Mar 28, 2018 02:17 PM

Hello: #@mentions

I can not get the @mentions to work in Rally.  Reviewed the help in Rally:  https://help.rallydev.com/collaborate-team-members. And ensured the email notifications is on, in a supported field, but never this to work.  Any ideas for troubleshooting?  Thanks much.  Colleen

• 2.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Mar 28, 2018 02:27 PM

Hi Colleen, Are you in the QDP view?  You need to click on the @ symbol and not just type in the @ symbol.  Do you see this button?

• 3.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Mar 28, 2018 02:33 PM

Thanks Sheri, ah I see it now in the bar, but next problem I can't edit in QDP mode only EDP for the user story.  Maybe something not set right by admin?

• 4.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi Colleen,

Can you not edit anything in QDP and by contract can edit everything (all fields) in EDP?  Or is it just one/some field?

Sagi

• 5.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:29 PM

Hi Sagi,  I can't seem to edit any of the fields in QDP view, but all in the full view.  Strange.  Colleen

• 6.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:47 PM

You might see if you need to toggle on the QDP pages, if you are in EDP, then click on the icon that says "Change to Quick View", the icon is just above the Discussion on the right hand side.

• 7.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 04:16 PM

Hi Colleen,

Was this resolved?  If not, you may want to consider opening a support case.

Sagi

• 8.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting

Posted Apr 15, 2019 06:00 PM

Hi Sagi,

Thanks, this one helped me to hep me understand that @mentions feature can only be used in QDP view. Now, I want the task owners can use "Discussion" field to collaborate with the team members if they stuck into any impediments or sharing any key updates. I don't see "Discussion" field is available for "Tasks" under QDP view. How can "Discussion" filed be leveraged for this purpose? Thanks for your help.

Regards

-Pankaj

• 9.  Re: @mentions troubleshooting
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2018 07:02 PM

Hi Sagi,   I worked with the rally admin and I had to become an admin of the project/team in order to get the QDP view to be editable.  Thanks all for helping me out. Colleen